The LGBTQIA+ Thread

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Leo, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Hazu パワ

Hazu パワ Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I say wait until you move out then rub in their face afterwards~ Simple but, If your parents want to let their views effect their love towards you then that's on them- Im pretty sure the "...will send away any of his children that aren't straight" sounds like a bluff. I hope you figure out though.

2. Piia

Piia Retired User Retired User Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Thank you for the advice ^-^It helps a lot :smile: I do hope it's just a bluff though; because my father is a really rough person... He'll do pretty much what he says, even worse sometimes. I'm glad I don't have to feel fearful about things here. :D

3. Miawerz

Miawerz Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    yo there! bi dude here ^^' tfw you came out to the internet first
    nothing fancy... just attracted to both males and females *shrugs
    I'd go with male pronouns... i'd find it weird if someone called me with "they" cause for me it sounds plural(?)
    never had any relationships (cuz i'm not ready(?)/ilooklikeapotatorip)
    there's multiple instances when i fell for a girl then to a guy (but not at the same time lel) and then the two end up having a relationship rip (tho they eventually breaks up lol)
    never came out
    (cuz my parent's are like "we'd support you no matter who you are" proceeds to say something offensive against lgbt in the media)

4. CrimsonNeko

CrimsonNeko Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hi...

My name(well prefered name) is Leo(but with an e sound and not with an E sound). I am a bisexual, biromantic androgyne. I prefer either the he/him pronouns or the they/them pronouns.

I am open about being bisexual and biromantic but only people on the internet and a few people I talk to know about my gender identity. I will probably never tell my parents.

5. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Pronouns: They/Them Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Yeah, I understand.

I personally don't usually tell my gender identity to other people either cuz I don't make them confuse and then going to explain it and/or not gotten seriously. :v I'm also (kinda) androgyne and prefer more "him" pronounce than "her".

I've Asian relatives that are super conservative like oh dear.. >< When I last time visited (this summer) them, they said to me that you're young lady now and you should dress in cute clothes and dresses... And I'm just like sorry but I don't care cute clothes and they are like "OH WHYY?!?!? This is only time on your life when you can dress up as cute!!! You cannot be cute after +25"And then they have commented once my clothing sense "boring" etc. (Oh, and then I should get a BF, get married, make a family, have kid(s) and all that kind of things.)

Ugh, yay.

Also, I probably not gonna tell about my bisexuality to them (I found out that I wasn't straight this in fall when I got a huge crush to a girl in new school O-O). Thanks to Internet that I've find out that in their country, being lesbian is some short of "taboo". And cuz I happened to have a female body, I think that telling them that "I'm bi!1!1!!!" isn't very good idea cuz then you like "boys" AND "girls". They probably won't take it very well, I think.

partial likes this.
  6. CrimsonNeko

CrimsonNeko Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I am mostly Irish from heritige despite being born in England(Everyone from my grandparents onwards are all Irish on both sides of my family) and because of where I am from, people are mostly accepting of me being who I am. The only problem is that some people are still not accepting. I moved from a big city in Northern England(Where I was born) to a little town. They were not used to anyone being different and they are not nice to people who are not just like them. My father is accepting of by sexuality. My mother however will not talk about it after I told her. I have never told my step father about anything because I really do not like him. I am afraid of telling my mother about my gender because she will think that I have mental problems(she has said it to me so many times). I told my brother everything and he is fine with it. My 77 Year old grandad would be more accepting of me than my mother would be.

I have had people say to me that I should be wearing makeup and talking about boys and gossiping. That just isn't me though. I have even been made to wear dresses at events.

In my first high school females were not allowed to wear pants(it's up to the school if they want to let girls wear pants). I got into a bit of trouble in high school and my head of year referred me to a mental health service saying that "That is not how a young lady should be acting". Males who had been a lot worse than me had never got sent to this mental health service. The mental health service was awful so I refused to talk to them. I am at a different place with mostly more accepting people. The only non-accepting of my gender people where I am now is some of the people from the other side of where I am now.It's called the Dark Side by teachers(It's not meant to be called that though) but it is really just the behaviour side. But I am glad that while I may not be accepted by some that I am actually am accepted by others

7. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure zhong chenle's wife Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I feel discriminated and like I don't belong in this community because I am in a straight relationship. Funny enough, my boyfriend is LGBT as well.

aza and ExistenceReaper like this.
  8. ExistenceReaper

ExistenceReaper Procrastinator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You're fine.

9. partial

partial Guest

I identify as male, but was born into a female body. He/him are my preferred pronouns. It took me far too long to figure out what works best for me.

I identify as completely asexual. No desire for that sorta thing in any form, at all.

As for romantic orientation....fictional characters?

10. mado

mado Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    guess i'll just drop into this thread here and say that yes, I Am A Lesbian.

11. aoi・kurt

aoi・kurt Shoutbox Lurker™ Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    henlo fam!!!
    aaa i have this feeling that the surrounding community is starting to get TERRIBLY conservative,,, this caught my attention when my mom goes "homosexuality is wrong!" like a preacher or something

flashback nine years ago, where my parents were fine with the lgbt community but doesnt want me to be trans or gay (sorry mom and dad)

rip bi spies hope the government doesn't get at us

ExistenceReaper, partial and Milk like this.
  12. SatanicPotato

SatanicPotato Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Idk if this thread is still active but hey! I'm a cis pansexual female. If anyone needs help I'm open!

13. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure zhong chenle's wife Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    well u revived it so

hi kids im demisexual biromantic and might be trans(?) and i'm dating an nb kiddo who is bisexual

SatanicPotato likes this.
  14. Haichou

Haichou Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I wanted to post here over the summer and was too much of a coward to do so ;v;

I'm biromantic (and for me personally, not old enough to decide a sexuality)! Though lately, I've been trying to learn more about QPRs. Those seem to match me way better than romantic relationships. Any info on what QPRs or "traditional" relationships are like would be super helpful...
    I don't like talking about my gender or pronouns. Use whatever you think of first, I don't mind!

related-ish: I'm co-vice president of our school's GSA despite having -5 brain cells, many of my friends/acquaintances are also LGBT+, and we live in a very homophobic/transphobic community