Tips for making a VCV voicebank?

J4ck_Blu3

Momo's Minion
Hi, so I'm planning on making a VCV voicebank for one of my characters here soon, and I've made several revisions to his CV voicebank, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for trying to make a VCV voicebank

jokester127

Momo's Minion
I recommend lite reclists, they are easy to record but still aren't missing any sounds
Trust me, That reclist on deviantart is way too long

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hiii i actually recommend @FelineWasteland 's efficiency reclist since its arranged in 7-9 mora strings and isnt missing any samples and has a base oto, its my go to from now on ^^
Post automatically merged:

Or, if you want a specifically Japanese voicebank with no extra sounds, @수연 <Suyeon> 's No nonsense reclist, its a complete, beginner friendly VCV Japanese reclist with all necessary sounds for Standard Japanese.

Last edited:
Reactions: FelineWasteland

Namumi

Teto's Territory
Here the tips that made me feel more comfortable and confident to make VCV voicebank
Just watched this tutorial thoroughly.I believe you can do it easily after watching it.

Tips while recording voice
1.Try to find the place where totally silient
2.If you record wrong word(s) in the line or the voice seem has some weird noise(any mistake included in the voice line) please re-record that line
3.Check your microphone before recording VCV. This is so important if microphone seem broken or low quality it's really affect to all your VCV voicebank.

Good luck !