Unzipped folder in UTAU-Synth?

Reiz

Teto's Territory
So I recently just got a Mac, And I downloaded UTAU-Synth on it.

I have a voicebank folder of an UTAU I've been working on, and I sent it from my laptop to my Mac using mediafire. But when I downloaded it, it's all in mojibake. I'm not sure if changing locales will be the same thing with Windows. (This Mac is meant to be for schoolwork, so I wouldn't want to do that anyways.)

I read that you use The Unarchiver for unzipping non-English files, but my folder isn't zipped at all! I forgot to zip it since I was still working on it. So I was wondering how I could do this somehow?

Help would be appreciated :smile:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think you've spelled out the solution yourself- zip the bank on windows, transfer it, then unzip it with unarchiver on mac.
There's no "locale" business to muss around with for Mac, just encoding difficulties like what you've encountered here.

Reactions: Nohkara

Reiz

Teto's Territory
I think you've spelled out the solution yourself- zip the bank on windows, transfer it, then unzip it with unarchiver on mac.
There's no "locale" business to muss around with for Mac, just encoding difficulties like what you've encountered here.
Well, I could do that, but the only problem is,

I don't have a Windows computer. I sent the voicebank to Mediafire a long time ago, back to when my laptop wasn't broken. That's why I just got a Mac.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, this is what you forgot to mention in the OP.

I'm personally unable to help because I'm also on mac, but this just means that someone else should try downloading it to their windows computer, zipping it, and reuploading it.

What type of voicebank is it, by the way? If it's something simple like a Japanese CV, then you could rename the files by listening to them. Otherwise, it would be better to get the help with rezipping and all.

So, anyone up for it?

Reiz

Teto's Territory
I can do it. just send me a pm with the link to the voicebank and I'll zip, and link it for you.
Thanks for offering, I appreciate that, but I just gave it to my friend.

Although, I'm still kinda having problems, I got the zip back, but it's still in mojibake. also I don't know how to use unarchiver can someone help me with that

Reactions: HulderBulder

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Assuming Unarchiver is already installed, if you right click (or control + click) on a zipped folder and mouse over "Open With", it'll give you the option to use Unarchiver instead of the default unzipper.

Reactions: HulderBulder

Reiz

Teto's Territory
Assuming Unarchiver is already installed, if you right click (or control + click) on a zipped folder and mouse over "Open With", it'll give you the option to use Unarchiver instead of the default unzipper.
Ok then? Right now it's taking a really long time to extract. And before that, I got messages saying "Could not extract (something in mojibake)" Would that be normal?

Also, if it helps, I changed the language to Japanese (Windows) in Unarchiver. I don't know exactly where, but it was somewhere in Advanced.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That seems strange, I've never had it happen to me. Sorry.
I would hazard a guess that something went corrupt inside the zip, in which case, your windows user friend may have to double check their side.