Using Multi-pitch/multi-scale VBs?

WolfofGamers

Momo's Minion
Hiya! :creepy: I'm new to this forum and I joined because of things that have been bothering me a lot. one is multi-scale/multi-pitch voicebanks. I've tried to use them many times, but only some work. for example, I can use Linako Sonone's eden voicebank, but not her gentle voicebank. Any advice?

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Make sure you're using the right kind of UST with the voicebanks (like no VCV UTAUs with CV USTs & vice versa).

But be a little more specific, what do you mean by "not working?" If you haven't messed with the prefix map, it should probably work fine.

WolfofGamers

Momo's Minion
well, to be a bit more specific, it just doesn't sing at all, even for USTs made for a specific multi-pitch bank. most of the time, there are no .wav files in the main VB folder, and if I click one of the folders with sound files, it shows up in utau as that folder and not the actual character, and if I try to select it, it says "invalid voice setting". I've tried to make it work by moving breath sounds/other sound files into the main folder, but that only worked with one voicebank and the others still don't work.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Considering I have both Linako's EDEN & Gentle & I can get them to work with no problems, the only things I can think of are that you don't keep your voicebanks in the Voice folder or you extracted them weirdly.

Reactions: WolfofGamers

WolfofGamers

Momo's Minion
hmm, maybe my extractor is weird. I've been using a program called "B1 Free Archiver" to extract voicebanks into the voice folder. if it means anything at all, when I first installed utau, it actrually made an utau folder in two locations. one in Program Files, the other in Documents. maybe the program is confused where it is?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Make sure the folder itself, outside of UTAU, has all of its files in the right hierarchy, and that you're pointing UTAU to the folder that contains all the suffix folders, rather than the folder that contains the folder that has all of the suffix folders. Example:

→Linako's Folder
→Linako Gentle (← you should be starting at this folder, not the one above.)
→A3
→C4
→E4
If you don't already, you might want to try pointing UTAU to the voicebank folder rather than putting the voicebank right in the "voice" folder.

To do this, go to Tools>Options and click the "Bank Regist." tab. Once there, press "Select..." and navigate to the Voice Bank's main hierarchy. Press the dropdown next to the filename (it should say "wav file") and change it so it says "all files" instead. Choose the any file in the main folder (eg, readme, character.txt, icon.bmp...) and press Open, then the "add" button.

The Voice Bank should now be in your drop down list, and working correctly with it's prefixes/suffixes.

Sounds like you should double check all your region and language settings then do a full re-install of UTAU (including getting rid of the weird second copy) if the problem persists.

Reactions: WolfofGamers