UTAU 4.00!

UkimeKageku

Teto's Territory
Yay, I just downloaded and installed! I like how I can actually read that annoying error lol.
v5xsvl.jpg

But i can't use the resampler.dll... I get the same error someone else stated.

edit: Never mind, it just started working all of a sudden. It has no problems with my UTAU, I actually like the breathiness it gives on the higher notes!

ChaudChocolat

Momo's Minion
Just sayin', like many other users my version is not working it says that it "failed to generate a wav file " wich i do not understand what really changed.
If someone was kind enough to help us out it would be really nice.
Thanks you.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Puppykishin link said:
I'm having trouble transporting my voices in the new utau

You should be able to just drag and drop the voices into the new voice folder or drag your old voice folder over entirely to replace the new one if you don't care about Defoko or something.

Basically do what you do when you download a new voice and it should work.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is the registration key something any user is allowed to get? And if so, where? Or is it something much more private, like UTAU 2.9 was? Because it would be handy to have those features.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I believe the key is for the shareware version of UTAU which you can get from the website. I do not know how much it is though.

EDIT: If I'm looking at the right site it's apprx. $40. Someone feel free to correct me.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Umbreon126 link said:
hey guys ameya-p just announced on twitter utau 4.0 has a security problem
the download link is now crossed out with scary red japanese text underneath
:<

This information is confirmed, yet using the expression "red japanese text" is unnecesary.

People must just stay calmed until Ameya-san fixes this issue.

It's more than obvious to say that those who have an actual copy of UTAU4.0 MUST NOT redistribute it even in private to other users who don't have it. This is more than obvious.

OVSUTAU

Momo's Minion
I love this new UTAU, and the BRE changes and resampler.exe updates are great!

But could someone please tell me:

• The difference between freeware and shareware versions
  • How to get the shareware version
  • How much it costs (if it does cost anything)
  • If it is worth it.

Thank you! :3

TaiyoProwerz

Momo's Minion
Awww shoot I just missed it! xD. Ahh. Well, for the meantime I guess I'll be stalking this topic to get a little bit of information about it, since I can't download it right now :P. Doesn't seem to be too much different anyway, Other than the resampler being 20x more awesome. D: hopefully it won't be too long before the problem gets fixed. ^^

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mario.MD link said:
[quote author=Umbreon126 link=topic=4202.msg30236#msg30236 date=1353832837]

This information is confirmed, yet using the expression "red japanese text" is unnecesary.

It's more than obvious to say that those who have an actual copy of UTAU4.0 MUST NOT redistribute it even in private to other users who don't have it. This is more than obvious.
[/quote]

If we already got it, should we uninstall and then re-download the fixed version later?

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
OVSUTAU link said:
I love this new UTAU, and the BRE changes and resampler.exe updates are great!

But could someone please tell me:

• The difference between freeware and shareware versions
  • How to get the shareware version
  • How much it costs (if it does cost anything)
  • If it is worth it.

Thank you! :3

OK:
1) Shareware offers a visual of the waveform's volume in real time, when you move the envelopes, so does the waveform visual at the bottom of the screen.
2) Shareware offers auto-renzokuon while using a bank.
3) Shareware interfase changes from grey to silverish gradient (mere visual).

I don't know other changes since these are the announced on the helpme file of the program.

To get shareware, go to this site http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/winnt/art/se480995.html and buy a personal key. It costs 3,400 yens = US$42.

The worthness depends on how much you are into UTAU tuning. To me, the visual waveform feature helps a lot to fix some volume inconsistencies on vowels, yet you can work with the program perfectly without shareware. (On this matter, if someone with premium UTAU has more features to comment here, please do).

TaiyoProwerz link said:
Awww shoot I just missed it! xD. Ahh. Well, for the meantime I guess I'll be stalking this topic to get a little bit of information about it, since I can't download it right now :P. Doesn't seem to be too much different anyway, Other than the resampler being 20x more awesome. D: hopefully it won't be too long before the problem gets fixed. ^^

The resampler surely improved in matters of BRE and how it handles high notes, yet I have seen some reports of weird squeals on some banks that may be caused by the engine (still to confirm if it's due oto.ini issues or the resampler itself... yet it happened to 2 persons so far).

The BRE factor making soft voices do not work the same with all the voices. In this matter, I tried Haruka Nana continuous sound to become soft and it become a really uncomfortable voice.

I heard Ameya-san is working on this at the moment. It's seems to be a problem related to the vulnerability of the program via plugins. He is working to block the vulnerability so people may not create malware-plugins. So please understand his reasons.

SakisCookie link said:
[quote author=Mario.MD link=topic=4202.msg30237#msg30237 date=1353833407]
[quote author=Umbreon126 link=topic=4202.msg30236#msg30236 date=1353832837]

[/quote]

If we already got it, should we uninstall and then re-download the fixed version later?
[/quote]

Ameya-san told that there's no problem to use UTAU4.0 at the moment; yet his recomendation is to use only trustworthy plugins.

Do not use ANY plugins created after the release of UTAU4.0 to prevent damage on your computers. We know this may sound ridiculous, but harming people can come from everywhere... even UTAU users.

As I said before, do not re-distribute the software to users that don't have the program (more than obvious) and replace your software as soon as the update comes. Do not keep a copy of the vulnerable UTAU to prevent problems between users.

Thanks for reading.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
OVSUTAU link said:
Thank you for telling me! How would you pay for it here in America?
If it's an online purchase it'll probably allow PayPal which does automatic currency conversion.

OVSUTAU

Momo's Minion
Oh, okay! And then one more question:

If another new UTAU version comes out, do you have to buy another code, or not? What exactly do you have to do?

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Personally I'm really happy with the update. I hope Ameya works out those security bugs soon! I'm glad I managed to get it before the link was taken down. I don't use many plugins, anyway.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
OVSUTAU link said:
Oh, okay! And then one more question:

If another new UTAU version comes out, do you have to buy another code, or not? What exactly do you have to do?

Dont worry, once you get your key it can be reused if you have to un-install/update your UTAU software from what I know.