UTAU won't recognize a MIDI file?

TheShinyAyane

Momo's Minion
Hi! I've been trying to import some MIDIs to my UTAU program, but it's...acting strange.

I use 3MLE, if that helps.

So, when I first started using MIDIs to create USTs, I noticed something weird almost immediately. While my software can save in .midi, UTAU won't even register anything but a .mid file. I have three, for testing purposes. One works just fine (minus the whole 50000 tempo issue that everybody seems to get), but the other two pop up a text box that just says "Illegal file format". Nothing more, nothing less.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, let me know! I've already tried using Append instead of Import (saw that somewhere, didn't work), I've tried relaunching UTAU, too.

I didn't see this anywhere on the forums, so hopefully nobody else has asked.

Reactions: Big_B

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You may need to open the MIDI in another DAW and re-export the file. There are probably slight differences in how different programs will export the MIDI file format, which are causing incompatibility with UTAU.

TheShinyAyane

Momo's Minion
You may need to open the MIDI in another DAW and re-export the file. There are probably slight differences in how different programs will export the MIDI file format, which are causing incompatibility with UTAU.

I'm so sorry, I'm new to this. What do you mean, DAW?