What features do you wish Utau had?

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Not sure if anyone said something like Vocaloid's Singer Editor yet, so....

Something like Vocaloid's Singer Editor in UTAU would be nice. Perhaps a random .txt or .ini stored in the voicebank itself.
So I don't have to copy-pasta flag sets all the time, maybe so I can force some on people who use my UTAU.

OVSUTAU

Momo's Minion
I don't mean to repeat anyone, so if anyone has already mentioned this on this topic, I apologize.

One program that allows you to use UTAUloids with VOCALOID pitchbends is Cadencii, but I would read up on it before using it, because it is very fussy! Use a VCV voicebank on it (you can use CV, but VCV works better).

And for Vocalistener, use a program called VocalShifter. It came out before Vocalistener, and it doesn't matter whether you use UTAU or VOCALOID, and it also doesn't matter which language you use, so it can be useful for Engloids.

Cadencii DL: http://www9.atwiki.jp/boare/
VocalShifter DL: http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/win95/art/fh525026.html

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
ryanlanuza18 said:
i want a feature where you can combine voicebank Appends to make a one voice like cadencii (Ritsu's vConnect) or more like this one:

Vocalistener 2 - Prologue 2010 Hatsune Miku append

also VC otoing, can copy pitchbends and other inputs from vsq or vsqx & awesome interface

sorry that this is an old post/thread

but prefix maps

faerimagic said:
TheSnowSongstress link said:
i would have to say better midi support :x I hate that with a lot of midis it only gives you maybe 5 seconds of the vocals, then it goes off into the instrumental :x i suppose that would kinda go with multitrack, but still :x

Yes, I agree with better midi support. I found it difficult to import my midis, I had to download a second program that could convert it so UTAU could use it. (AND EVEN THEN THE VOCALS WERE STILL SCREWED. *This is a separate problem that I will not delve in right now*)

So, along those lines, I would absolutely love it if UTAU could have easier note input. What I mean is that it's slightly difficult to make notes the exact length that you want them to. Maybe a separate note-staff input (similar to Anvil or MuseScore), because then I could better make the right note lengths.

by the way, i don't download midis, it's much easier for me to make a midi in FL on top of the original song and only make tracks for vocals. midis made that way would be more optimized for making into a ust/vsq

it's the same method as skyisland21, i got it from him when i watched his stream of i love you

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
An accent option like the one in Vocaloid. Please.

I don't know much about Vocaloid so I randomly scrolled along in VocaloidOtaku and came across a list of terms and found that there's a choice of the hardness of the accent. I finally knew why a Vocaloids's accent's can change yay

If UTAU adopted the VEL parameter, why not the accent control?

Fumfum

Momo's Minion
Probably been said already, but in Vocaloid its great that you can draw the pitch line, instead of just moving boxes.

Also an extra alias option would be great.

DerpingToaster

Teto's Territory
Have Control parameters like VOCALOID versus having to use flags.

Be able to play your UST without rendering

Not having to select the ENTIRE UST just to play it.

Have something so that you don't have to do all that pitchbending.

IDK really, most of this stuff has probably already been said.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
DerpingToaster said:
Not having to select the ENTIRE UST just to play it.

Have something so that you don't have to do all that pitchbending.

-You don't? Just select a small area and hit play? And if you want to listen to the whole thing you can just hit Control+A or Edit>Select All. And if you have a UST with a bunch of rests, just hit the botton that takes you to the first note with lyrics, click it, zoom to the end of the UST, then Shift+Click.

-Utalis is a thing. However, it's very hard to use and is finicky. It's a part of all musical software that you need to do it by hand, even Vocaloid.

I agree on the hand-drawn VOCALOID-style parameters though, having that flexible of a volume and gender editor would be fantastic for dynamically affecting a long note which is very difficult in UTAU.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I really want to have the rests configured differently. Like if I remove one by mistake or try to move notes around, it could mess up the whole UST.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
moonst4r said:
I really want to have the rests configured differently. Like if I remove one by mistake or try to move notes around, it could mess up the whole UST.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I used to not like how in Vocaloid, rests were treated as just silence, but to be honest, it's much easier to deal with than having to worry about messing up a song entirely from one false move because rests are treated as actual notes. PlusitmakesusingtheSuffixBrokermuchmuchmucheasier.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Qubilu said:
I don't if this as already been said....but how about multiple tracks? That'd be great.

It actually really isn't. Unless it gets a system like Vocaloid's where each track is a seperate line (and basically seperate VSQ almost, you can just easily swap back and forth and listen to them simultaniously) that you can export as all seperate WAVs, it doesn't work. UTAU-Synth tries to be multitrack, and whoooo boy it doesn't work whatsoever.

Basically, if you want that feature, UTAU doesn't need multitrack, it just needs to be able to layer listening to multiple USTs in one track, not the actual USTs being there themselves. If that makes sense.

Alex

Teto's Territory
For now I'd just like VSQx support, since I had to download V3 illegally just so I can do the VSQ conversion and then import them to UTAU and I don't really like that :annoyed:

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Alex said:
For now I'd just like VSQx support, since I had to download V3 illegally just so I can do the VSQ conversion and then import them to UTAU and I don't really like that :annoyed:

There's actually a converter you can download that converts VSQx to USTs
http://sabine10067.deviantart.com/journal/Vsqx-to-Ust-converter-317936478

Alex

Teto's Territory
moonst4r said:
Alex said:

There's actually a converter you can download that converts VSQx to USTs
http://sabine10067.deviantart.com/journal/Vsqx-to-Ust-converter-317936478

I had no idea about that!! thank you omg, this is great

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
This is bit of resampler related, but a resampler that can handle lower notes realistically/not buzzing would amazing! whycanfemalevocaloidsreachaslowasD2whyyyyy

The male UTAUs that I have are derpy below B2 :cry:

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet.
But there is STILL no way to preset the options for the Region Property.

If you make a new note in the song, you have to select it and manually put in all the settings in the region property. You can't set a default for the .ust file that tells the system that the mod should automatically be at 0 and that you want to consonant velocity to always be a specific value whenever a new note is created.

Sure you can select all, and input the settings for every note, but it would be SO useful if the notes did that themselves when they were first made so that crossfades won't be affected by the new Consonant Velocity input later. This is especially important when editing together CV-VC English usts.

Also, A new envelope editor that isn't a pop-out box. I think UTAU-Synth has this, but UTAU PC definitely doesn't. There is a plug-in that does multiple envelopes, yes, but it's difficult to use in editing if you've got large crossfading that needs to take place. (CV-VC English problems again...)