What features do you wish Utau had?

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Umbreon126 said:
You can set note defaults such as mod under Tools>Note Default>(the first option) o.o

For some reason this default setting has never worked for me.
I've always had the Mod set to 0 in there, but when I create a new note from a rest, I still have to have to hit Ctrl-E and manually put it in again anyway. And there's still no Consonant Velocity default option in there.

Thanks though, I phrased my post wrong. I really meant that I wanted better functioning default setting that actually worked. I have my locale set to Japanese correctly, and I thought it would have fixed little issues like this. Does anyone else have this problem with new notes from rests or is it just me?

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Draw in your own pitch bends rather than having to manipulate each point.

Auto-tune plugin

Multiple tracks

Multiple Voicebanks in one window

Pitch manipulator engine (recognizes and changes the pitch of your VB to match the notes in the ust)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You don't want multiple tracks. UTAU-Synth tries and it's horrifyingly bad. VOCALOID doesn't even do it for a reason. What you're wanting is multiple tabs of UTAU, which is what VOCALOID does. And the UTAUs would need to be on their own tabs for the same reason.

UTAU already "recognizes and changes the pitch of your VB to match the notes in the UST"? That's what UTAU does? Otherwise there's Utalis, Vocashifter, and if you're talking about you singing and making it a UST or something for easy USTs, you can just do that in any music program that will let you export as a MIDI, though it's hella innaccurate (I've tried). If you're talking about tone, you really have to do that with an external editor, because since it doesn't have VOCALOID's "draw the flags" thing it can't flexibly do that like Vocalistener can.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, for the pitch change, I thought it would remove the need for people to record samples in different keys for multi-pitch voicebanks

I can't use vocashifter for nothing. By drawing in pitch bends, I wanna be able to take my mouse cursor or use my digital pen to actually draw in things.

irei1as

Teto's Territory
To be able to decide what name the rests have in the ust.
I'm ok with "R" and "r" being the default but I don't think it would be hard to add a custom line at the start of the ust with something like "Rest=xxx" and use xxx for rests in that particular ust.
Hmm, I guess it would be a bit confusing for general use.

I just would love to be able to use "R" and "r" for the single sounds R and r.

As a different note, aside for the notation, I like how the silences work in UTAU.
Having the silences as physical white notes directly interacting with other notes instead of just a void absence of notes (like VOCALOID handles it) is kind of poetic and beautiful. After all, silence is another part of the music and not the lack of it.

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To people who keep asking for an official English version of utau.
What do you mean?
Because there's already a version of UTAU that you can download and the locale doesn't have to be in Unicode. It works fine, the only draw backs is that hirgana encode banks don't work and that's it. It's the newest one it's called 4.18e.
(I use that version on my laptop and it's on my flash drive, the one on my flash drive, is the one I use at my school and on other peoples computers and besides the encoding issue it works fine.)

Besides that..
I want...
Multiple tabs,
along with those multiple tabs away to play them at the same time with different voices and different resamplers (And any combo in between.)
Support for Linux,
Eventually a mobile version (though it probably sustained through a cloud eg you'd have the actual software on your Mobile device but everything else would be stored in a cloud with an account, that you and only you could access),
VSQX support,
better VSQ support,

Besides that I want a plugin that can covert CVVC English to other types CVVC English(eg lite to full or to someone's personal list) as well as one that can covert form Engrish to CVVC English.

Oh and more resampler engines.

Stronger universal plugins across UTAU, eg there are some plugins that I can't use with 4.18e and I couldn't use with 2.76 (I installed both on my laptop and the older one on my desktop and there were plugins that still didn't work on either computer.)

Besides that nothing at the moment.

PS sorry for any typos.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if this has already been said but in VOCALOID2 you can click on the piano part and hear the note. Whichever voice you have selected will sing "Ahh" (or "Ooh" for English) in that note? And I dunno...I think that'd be pretty helpful especially for someone like me who isn't very savvy with stuff like that and it saves me from constantly clicking back and forth between wavetone and Vocaloid.

This part is what you click:
tumblr_inline_n100pa7tYv1r4hly9.png

And if we could just somehow choose what sound plays when you click on it(like how you designate your sample sound that plays when you click "Sample") that'd be pretty boss. Am I even making sense here?? If this is already a thing in UTAU please tell me how to do it haha

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@IrisFlower

That kind of stuff is in UTAU already except the voice doesn't sing when you click on the piano but instead a piano sound.

Make sure in tools>options>MIDI there is already an output selected for MIDI out. Then on the toolbar you should have the speaker icon clicked like I have shown here http://gyazo.com/2b62fdead1143fc57d967106f722ebe8 So now when you click on the piano roll, a note will play.

DerpingToaster

Teto's Territory
Parameters like VOCALOID has. I know it has flags, but it would be so much easier with a parameter editor. Then you wouldn't have to do all those complex little pitchbends by hand and you could just draw them in. Also a thing to have multiple tracks. I like to do choruses, so having a thing where you could put multiple tracks would be amazing instead of having to render the UST like 5 times with all the different UTAUs separate times, you could just do it once.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
While I adore VOCALOID parameters for flags, I think pitchbends should be either/or. In VOCALOID I really struggle to make my pitchbends sound good and stable, which UTAU's easy drag points and precise lines/curves accomplish. While it would be cool to draw a pitchbend every now and then, like Mode 1, I'd prefer it to mostly be portamento points. Make Mode 3 yes.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
shinami said:
While I adore VOCALOID parameters for flags, I think pitchbends should be either/or. In VOCALOID I really struggle to make my pitchbends sound good and stable, which UTAU's easy drag points and precise lines/curves accomplish. While it would be cool to draw a pitchbend every now and then, like Mode 1, I'd prefer it to mostly be portamento points. Make Mode 3 yes.

There's a way to draw your pitchbends using Zteer's plugin (it's the second one). You can draw with either Mode1 or Mode2 (where you can use its set curves).

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
kimchi-tan said:
shinami said:
There's a way to draw your pitchbends using Zteer's plugin (it's the second one). You can draw with either Mode1 or Mode2 (where you can use its set curves).

Yes, but the problem with these things is how other people can use them. If it was a feature automatically in UTAU, then everyone is able to use/edit it in that manner. However, since it is a plugin, it makes editing those USTs complicated and in the end it's not user-friendly. This is why I don't use Masao's envelopes plugin, because very few people have it. If you're doing it from the perspective of just doing a cover these things are all fine, but coming from the perspective of primarily a UST maker I cannot use these unless everyone has them.

(and plus the millions of points drawn pitchbends in UTAU generate is so unyieldy compared to Vocaloid's waves, hence why I think a combo would be cool)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Afterschool Joey said:
end consonnant oto's. also i want to put 2 notes at the same times without opening another utau program

…You talking about VC? Just look it up, it's pretty manageable. It all depends on how the voices recorded it though, and of course consonants don't sound nice unless you make than an appropriate length.

And if you want to place a whole bunch of notes at once you could just enter a bunch of "a a a a a a"s in the lyrics bar and hit the button that places them as individual notes, copy/paste a section of notes, etc. It's pretty easy, and I wouldn't see much use for UTAU having a "place a bunch of notes at once" function separate from that.