X-Sampa Fanclub

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
can i plz

I love X-SAMPA so much, that I'm planning to make my UTAU voicebanks all in it.

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
can i plz

I love X-SAMPA so much, that I'm planning to make my UTAU voicebanks all in it.
Sometimes it's very inefficient to make certain language voicebanks using X-SAMPA, or there's no point to it.
Take Japanese, for example.
Here's the first two bits of Jugemu:
寿限無、寿限無 (jugemu, jugemu)
五劫の擦り切れ (gokou no surikire)
If we were to make a normal VCV bank say that, we'd have to type
[- ju] [u ge] [e mu] [R] [- ju] [u ge] [e mu]
[- go] [o ko] [o u] [u no] [o su] [u ri] [i ki] [i re]
That should be pretty easy for anyone who has basic Japanese knowledge to write out, but if you wrote it in X-SAMPA it'd be
[- dZM] [M ge] [e mM] [#] [- dZM] [M ge] [e mM]
[- go] [o ko] [o M] [M no] [o sM] [M 4'i] [i k'i] [i 4e]
To write that, you'd have to actually know X-SAMPA, which not everyone does, and it also requires the voicebank user to type more characters in certain cases.
On top of that, Japanese is a phonetic language, unlike English, so you can write things like ka or no without having to worry about whether or not the pronunciation of it will be different depending on where in a word or sentence it is.

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Sometimes it's very inefficient to make certain language voicebanks using X-SAMPA, or there's no point to it.
Take Japanese, for example.
Here's the first two bits of Jugemu:
寿限無、寿限無 (jugemu, jugemu)
五劫の擦り切れ (gokou no surikire)
If we were to make a normal VCV bank say that, we'd have to type
[- ju] [u ge] [e mu] [R] [- ju] [u ge] [e mu]
[- go] [o ko] [o u] [u no] [o su] [u ri] [i ki] [i re]
That should be pretty easy for anyone who has basic Japanese knowledge to write out, but if you wrote it in X-SAMPA it'd be
[- dZM] [M ge] [e mM] [#] [- dZM] [M ge] [e mM]
[- go] [o ko] [o M] [M no] [o sM] [M 4i] [i k'i] [i 4e]
To write that, you'd have to actually know X-SAMPA, which not everyone does, and it also requires the voicebank user to type more characters in certain cases.
On top of that, Japanese is a phonetic language, unlike English, so you can write things like ka or no without having to worry about whether or not the pronunciation of it will be different depending on where in a word or sentence it is.
True. There really would be no point, but I want to split up her samples for some reason. Idk why, I just do.

Reactions: Tomato Hentai