Africa's Children Project

Abigail WK

Momo's Minion
Hello! I am AbigailWK and I am starting a project called Africa's Children Project. This will feature two UTAUloid that I am making. One being Afiya, a Kenyan UTAU and the other being Nehal, a Ethiopian UTAU. Afiya will sing in Swahili, Japanese and English. Nehal will sing in Arabic, Japanese and English. They will also have appends for each language. They will be sold for $15 for regular voicebanks and $20 for append sets. I need help with making the reclist for Swahili and Arabic. Tell me what you think! :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
I think i's great, are those bases? If your going to sell them make sure you have a high quality voice banks (something like Windows 100% UTAUs)
I wish I could help out with the reclist but i don't even know those languages at all TTuTT
These might be the first UTAU's that could speak Swahili and Arabic ^^ Keep on with the great work

Abigail WK

Momo's Minion
Yeah those are bases (It was back when I didn't know how to draw..)
I am beginning the process of making relists for their languages. ^u^
Thank you for your support! :D

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Yeah those are bases (It was back when I didn't know how to draw..)
I am beginning the process of making relists for their languages. ^u^
Thank you for your support! :D
You know I can draw them out for you ^^ I actually draw myself here are a few of my images that I drew ^^
unfinished_line_art___free_drawings_for_5_people_by_sasuke_kiseki-d8b0lcx.jpg
me_me_me__kisaragi_mizuki_line_art_by_sasuke_kiseki-d8j1at7.png
macloid_design_raffle_giveaway_by_sasuke_kiseki-d8d9bf8.jpg

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
if i had some more info on the language i could help you make a cvvc reclist for them im pretty good with reclists ^_^

cubialpha

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
HMMM... I don't have much to contribute here, but have you thought about having them sing in Afrikaans? Since Afrikaans is based on Dutch, and Dutch reclists already exist... See where I'm going with this? :wink:

With some modifications to a Dutch reclist, Afrikaans might be pretty easily done.

Reactions: Piia

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I can help you make the reclist. I don't know the language, but I know oto theory and how to make combinations and such.

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hi guys!
Thank you so much for your support. There have been a lot of updates for the project.
1.) Afiya has gotten a new design.
2.) There will be another UTAU to be her companion. (Younger brother)

Leave comments if you are still interested! I know most of you are in school or doing your own projects so please only reply if you have the time.

Thank you so much!

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Thank you! ^u^
I can look for more info on the language and I'll try and get help from Afiya's voicer. (She's a native speaker of Swahili)

Ok so here is the game plan for the project.
I will be making the UTAUs as mascots for the project. I actually want to travel to Kenya to make this a program. This would be to help kids in Kenya's slums to stay off the street. I would start out small, get a place over there and get a few kids. I would teach them about UTAU and music (Since there is definitely more to life then starting trouble.) I would teach them how to make their own UTAUs, voicebanks and all. I would have the kids make their UTAU's voicebanks in Swahili and English (To help them with their English studies.)

But that is big goal that I probably would get that part of the project started in a few years from now. (I still have to learn Swahili myself ;A; )

I just want to get Afiya and Nihal finished first. Also, since I'll have the program in Kenya, Nihal will be a Swahili UTAU as well. (There are a bunch of UTAUs that sing in Arabic so I wanted to keep my idea original. So Nihal will be a Swahili UTAU and not a Arabic UTAU.)

I am also making sketches of their new designs so keep a look out for them!

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
this sounds amazing!! very inspirational and i hope you succeed im willing to help with anything you need if you want!!

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
What sort of places would the funds raised by these UTAU go to? Are they for profit? Nonprofit charity?

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
The UTAU's w
What sort of places would the funds raised by these UTAU go to? Are they for profit? Nonprofit charity?

The UTAUs would be put for sale. That money from the purchases (a long with fundraisers and such) will go to the program to help the kids.
[DOUBLEPOST=1444825913][/DOUBLEPOST]I also wanted to ask those who are helping with the reclist, could you put in constants and such to help the UTAU sing in different languages? I would prefer it to be some what like Vocaloid Maika's voicebank and the extra sounds in it.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The UTAU (plural) would be put for sale. That money from the purchases (a long with fundraisers and such) will go to the program to help the kids.
I'm sorry, but I can't place much - if any - faith in something that gives no concrete definitive answers. What "program?" What "fundraisers?" If you want this project to be successful, you need to build a level of trust with your intended audience. That means giving answers that don't lead to even more questions.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry, but I can't place much - if any - faith in something that gives no concrete definitive answers. What "program?" What "fundraisers?" If you want this project to be successful, you need to build a level of trust with your intended audience. That means giving answers that don't lead to even more questions.
This is the program. With the funds from the UTAUloids, they want to turn it into a program to help kids. We have info on the program already. They've stated most of the info 6 posts above you.

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Also, we are thinking to make an English voicebank and market that towards English UTAU users. Since the program would help with teaching the kids English, I thought Afiya should have an English voicebank. ^^