• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

Any reason why there is no sound when using UTAU? I set my locale to japanese, opened my voice file, still no sound, any help? I'm getting fustrated.

VerifiedHero

Momo's Minion
Are you using an existing voicebank or creating a new voicebank?
I am currently trying to create a new voicebank, i installed UTAU 3 times now, however i cannot uninstall it, after that i tried to put my own voice in but it does not work, anything i should do? As i mean it did not did any sound, i set the lyric to "Hello" for testing, then did the same for the note, still no sound, i am beginning to start giving up.
Post automatically merged:

I am currently trying to create a new voicebank, i installed UTAU 3 times now, however i cannot uninstall it, after that i tried to put my own voice in but it does not work, anything i should do? As i mean it did not did any sound, i set the lyric to "Hello" for testing, then did the same for the note, still no sound, i am beginning to start giving up.
But i did set my locale to japanese and STILL no sound.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To troubleshoot basic audio issues, you can use the default voicebank. When you create a new note, it should have the symbol あ as the lyric. Select the note so that it's highlighted in pink, then press the play button. After the command window loads for a while you should hear an "a" sound.

VerifiedHero

Momo's Minion
To troubleshoot basic audio issues, you can use the default voicebank. When you create a new note, it should have the symbol あ as the lyric. Select the note so that it's highlighted in pink, then press the play button. After the command window loads for a while you should hear an "a" sound.
Can you please teach me how? Utau is pretty hard to use and the settings are like a bunch of random hashtags and japanese words.

Berrweary

Momo's Minion
Can you please teach me how? Utau is pretty hard to use and the settings are like a bunch of random hashtags and japanese words.
Which voicebank type are you using?
If its vcv then you might wanna add a dash infront of the first note eg
- あ 
also did you oto it propley? that could be a reason why it didnt read it

Btw utau does not read english or entire words the same as synthV or vocaloid
If you typed "hello" and tried to render it and its not in the oto it wouldn't read it

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Check the final step of this tutorial to switch the interface to English.