Help installing plug-ins for Mac OS UTAU

peachymomentos

Momo's Minion
Hello friends !! I just downloaded UTAU-synth yesterday and was somehow able to get (who im pretty sure is,) Defoko to sing, but without lyrics or syllables at all. I found a link to go and download the "romantokana" romaji-hiragana plug-in so she can actually sing lyrics/syllables, however i'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong since when I load up UTAU-Synth again the plug-in is nowhere to be found in tools:-(

No matter how many Mac UTAU tutorials (which theres not many at all, or the tutorials are really outdated) I look up for installing UTAU plug-ins on Mac, I find myself becoming a bit frustrated trying to fumble around with files or even files that I'm not quite sure at all what I'm doing with or know where they are ( ; ω ; )

At this point I have a feeling I just messed things up and am considering just uninstalling and reinstalling the program again, since a lot of plug-in installation tutorials I looked around for last night were showing and moving around files that i don't even have or don't know how to access. I wonder if I messed up somewhere when initially downloading UTAU-synth and its files which maybe could be the reason why my plugin isn't showing up?

here is what UTAU synth basically looks like for me in my mac's finder, with the romantokana plug-in in that blue folder i made:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 12.05.48 AM.png

And here is what UTAU-Synth shows me, which just has the default tools:

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 11.56.58 PM.png

It would mean the world to me if someone can help me out! <3 tysm :love::love::love:

peachymomentos

Momo's Minion
:love: Sorry for the late reply!! I've been working a lot for the past few days haha. Thanks for the link!! I followed the steps on the link you sent me and was able to set up the keyboard - though i'm still trying to figure out how to get the romaji characters to convert to japanese characters. Theres an option to have it automatically convert to the japanese characters as you type, and I have that enabled but somehow no luck has sparked for me regarding the characters to convert even when I type in the notes app.

I'll keep trying and maybe I'll accidentally figure it out lol, unless if there are some precautions I am missing :P