Hii so im relatively new to UTAU but i do have some questions..

nyxx

Momo's Minion
You know those letters before a word? For example "aあ", those connect the word to the sound of the previous word right? Do I have to manually put those for every single word? Or is there an easier automatic way? Please do let me know, thanks!

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
You can use the Lyric Diphonizer plugin for that. Drag and drop the folder into the plugins folder, open the ust you want to use, select the notes you want to convert, and then press N on your keyboard to bring up the plugin list.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In classic UTAU, you can also consider using presamp, which allows you to leave the lyrics entirely untouched and automatically process the notes for VCV and CVVC voicebanks.

However, it's a bit finicky to set up and get working, and the automatic conversions are invisible and not adjustable.

There's similar functionality in OpenUtau, where you select a phonemizer on the track to match the voicebank format. This will also allow you to keep the lyrics as plain lyrics, and show you the automatic conversions results. Those automatic conversions can be further edited and adjusted separately from the lyrics.

Keeping the lyrics and voicebank conversion format separate means that it'll be easier to change the lyrics or change the voicebank whenever needed, without having to edit all the notes again. For Japanese this is a small convenience but for English this a huge advantage, since that case allows you to write lyrics as plain English words.

nyxx

Momo's Minion
You can use the Lyric Diphonizer plugin for that. Drag and drop the folder into the plugins folder, open the ust you want to use, select the notes you want to convert, and then press N on your keyboard to bring up the plugin list.
Hi! Thanks, this worked! But when I did it and played the song, it sounded kinda weird like the voicebank im using was singing in different voices. Is it supposed to do that? Or is it something to do with my tuning? (I'm bad at it sorry)

Reactions: WyndReed

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi! Thanks, this worked! But when I did it and played the song, it sounded kinda weird like the voicebank im using was singing in different voices. Is it supposed to do that? Or is it something to do with my tuning? (I'm bad at it sorry)
Volume envelopes and crossfade need to be edited manually in Classic UTAU. You may also need to reset some incorrect timing values.

Select all notes, right click any note, then open Region Property.

1711766825718.png

Click the Clear button to ensure that Preutterance and Overlap are both blank and white (gray means there's different numbers on multiple notes).
Expand the details, and make sure that STP is empty too. Then click OK.

After you've fixed the timing, you can continue editing all notes at once using the envelope buttons in the toolbar. Reset, then use crossfade. You can choose P2P3 or P1P4 (same resulting shape, only different if you plan on editing the envelopes even more later)
1711766924675.png
1711766997575.png

Reactions: Halo and WyndReed