How old were you when you found UTAU and Vocaloid?

J4ck_Blu3

Momo's Minion
I first heard a Vocaloid/Utau song when I was around 7 or 8. I remember watching an animation made for the song "INSaNiTY" (by CircusP) that was of the Eeveelutions (I was, and still am, really into pokemon). I remember how I thought it was really cool, and how I tried to learn how to sing the song. (I never did) Several years later, I was 10 or 11, and I finally started to listen to more Vocaloid stuff. I was introduced to a mashup of covers of the song "Rolling Girl" by Wowaka. I ended up adding it to my spotify playlist at the time, and then getting recommendations of more Vocaloid songs, and so I looked into everything more. I first (tried) to get Utau about a year ago, but gave up because I didn't understand it. I currently don't have any Vocaloid software, however I'm saving up to get it. I find it funny, how I never knew what Vocaloid or Utau even was up until now, but I'm glad I found out about it. It's made my life a lot better. (sorry if it didn't make sense at some parts, I'm not too great with words)

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I literally learned about Vocaloid when i was 9 or 10 LMFAO and i was obsessed with how it worked and like the marketing part of it? Idk but i found UTAU not short after that since i wanted to make my own "vocaloid" and design a character and stuff :smile: but then i quit for a few years bc idk i was just growing up i guess haha and then im getting back into vocal synths at 15 bc i was bored one day and got UTAU-Synth on my school laptop

Reactions: KrimsonDCLXVI

404idk

Teto's Territory
I was about 12 and i just got into j pop, I was listening to this cover of "Pon Pon Pon" By Karayu pamyu pamyu using miku, kiyoteru, len, vy1, and a couple of other vocaloids. Then a year later, I listened to a cover of Wowakas (rip) "Worlds end Dancehall" with Kasane Teto and another utau or a fanloid, I then googled Kasane Teto and found out that she was an utau. I don't remember all the details but those are the details that i remembered

Reactions: KrimsonDCLXVI

Namumi

Teto's Territory
I found Vocaloid first when I was 16 years old I found it by accident. I just listened to some Anime op songs which used Miku and other Vocaloids to cover.
In that time I thought it was anime characters lol until I found Original Vocaloid songs, So I try to seached about those songs and each Vocaloid's profiles.
Then I knew that Vocaloid aren't Anime characters just only mascot for their voice styles(Maybe I can called the way to gained people to interested in Vocaloid by using Anime-like appearance). Also I watched some MMD Drama which contained UTAUloids I really enjoy watching to them, they make me amused and laugh all times hahahaha!!
And I didn't stop to find more about UTAUloids profiles. At first I wanna dl Vocaloid software but I can't find the way to download so I download UTAU instread and try to learn more how it used. Until I can use UTAU in basic way. After that I found UTAU can make voicebank from my voice!! Wow!! It's so interesting and amazing!!! So, I tried make my own VB first time in early year2013 until now :wink: It's super fun and let me know more about music theory knowledges.

Reactions: Lycoris

Slyukine

Momo's Minion
I learned about them in a package at once. I was 15 years old, and I saw my autistic friend making MMD animation of Hatsune Miku (He's great and he's kind, but it's kinda hard to talk with him). I asked what he was making and he shown me Triple Baka, and Tower of AI. I got interested in Vocaloid, UTAU, and Boukaloid eventually. Neru (Rin's pitch) and Aone Ryou are my all-time favorite.

RRRRRG_

Momo's Minion
When I was 10,I first heard Hatsune Miku and started making her MMD animation,but I only started using UTAU when I was 12.I wanted to make my own "VOCALOID" or something like that at that time, and I looked up a lot of information about it. Then I realised that I could make my own UTAU and I started using it and was fascinated by it.
Now I'm 13.

Axel☆

Momo's Minion
I discovered vocaloid when i was like 7/8 years old? I was playing Just Dance and I got found this song called Ievan Polka, so I played it and it became my favorite song! About a month after that, I discovered Vocaloid! And for UTAU, I discovered it about 2-3 years ago? I just found a bunch of videos with the word "UTAU" in them so I searched it up, and I downloaded it!

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I discovered it first at my 11 years old, but I didn't cared too much until once I saw on news the Kagamines singing Migikata no Chou. I thought, like: "It's actually... pretty good!" Since this day, I can't stop! >3<

Fun fact: Migikata no chou stays being my favorite song of all life, although I really love Police Picadilly's Separate! ^^

mi1chi(defoko #1 fan !!!!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i believe i discovered vocaloid around 2012-2013 ??????? i rmeber really loving creepypasta around that time (i was like 6 i believe lol) and finding the song insanity by circus p (i said crusher oops)
p bc it was in some creepypasta tribute i believe ??? but i still had no clue what vocaloid was (tho i would listen to insanity ALOT LIKE ALOT) around 2016 (when i was 9 i think) i started to learn more about vocaloid and entered the fandom early 2017 :D (i was 10 or mahbe i was still 9 i dont rmevrr) ive always known about utau since i joined the vocaloid fandom but i had no interest in it until mid 2020 (in late april) when i came across sone utau songs that i loved very much (sitll do) and became interested in utau too :D but ive been using utau since jan 2021 bc i finally got a computer for christmas lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_B

jokester127

Momo's Minion
I discovered vocaloid when i was like 7/8 years old? I was playing Just Dance and I got found this song called Ievan Polka, so I played it and it became my favorite song! About a month after that, I discovered Vocaloid! And for UTAU, I discovered it about 2-3 years ago? I just found a bunch of videos with the word "UTAU" in them so I searched it up, and I downloaded it!
same
exactly the same
even the age
the same

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
I found out about Vocaloid a few years ago when I heard Porter Robinson's song Goodbye to a World. I wanted to know who sang it, I thought it was a real person but when I found out it was a virtual singer named Avanna, I fell in love with everything/ every program involving singing synthesizers and now I'm here :love:

Yokune Ruko

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I found Vocaloid when I was in grade 7. some random girl showed me a pic of her new Miku figure, I looked Miku up, and then I got hooked.
Post automatically merged:

I found out about Vocaloid a few years ago when I heard Porter Robinson's song Goodbye to a World. I wanted to know who sang it, I thought it was a real person but when I found out it was a virtual singer named Avanna, I fell in love with everything/ every program involving singing synthesizers and now I'm here :love:
ah, yes. I have Avanna. she's my favourite english vocaloid bank.

Reactions: SneezyEevee

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
I found Vocaloid when I was in grade 7. some random girl showed me a pic of her new Miku figure, I looked Miku up, and then I got hooked.
Post automatically merged:

ah, yes. I have Avanna. she's my favourite english vocaloid bank.
Mine too! Eleanor Forte from synth V is my second favorite

Lynneloid20

Momo's Minion
I was around 9 or 7 when I first discovered vocaloid I was watching attack on titan memes and I heard rolling girl and but didn't really get into it until I was 13 that same year i download
utau on my dad's computer and moved it to another one fast forward to like October Boom I made my first Utauloid I recorded it on my old phone with a voice changer app lol and that's the whole story of how I got into Vocaloid and Utau

Reactions: Big_B

nikinendo

Momo's Minion
the first vocaloid song i heard had to be happy halloween or copycat when i was about 10 due to animation memes, i found out about rolling girl and triple baka when i was about 13 ( or maybe 12 turning 13 , it might have been a little bit before my birthday but it was near the end of 7th grade so about early 2019 !!! ) through puyo puyo animations that i think were uploaded to youtube from niconico, but i rlly got into vocaloid and utau when i was 15 so about late 2021 !!!