How to use Moresampler (0.7.2) to oto + prefix map help

Eden

Momo's Minion
I'm trying to use Moresampler 0.7.2 to make the oto.ni for a tri-pitch CV romaji voicebank, and I just can't figure it out. I've been struggling with rewriting the otos, changing the aliases, and editing the prefix map all night and just can't get the bank to sing, or make any noise!

My first question is what am I supposed to be entering in Moresampler's dialogue box to get the proper oto for a CV romaji bank? There's so many options and I don't understand how they effect the outcome of the oto

Secondly, I can't figure out how to get the aliases and prefix map to work properly together. Should I have named all my WAVs "aD4" or "a_D4" or something? Or can the suffix adder part of Moresampler 0.7.2 work for that? Or do I need some oto suffixer program?

Please help me solve this!

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I thought it was capable of making a CV oto... Would generating a CVVC oto.ni include the components of CV?
Yes, since CVVC contains CV, but I have no idea if generating a CVVC for CV samples would actually work. If it does, though, probably not well since Moresampler's current CVVC generated oto is known to be very incorrect (speaking for both myself and others).

Here's an example of how moresampler otos CV with the CVVC option upload_2017-2-1_13-45-29.png

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think setparam can do auto CV otos? You might have to edit it though

Eden

Momo's Minion
Yes, since CVVC contains CV, but I have no idea if generating a CVVC for CV samples would actually work. If it does, though, probably not well since Moresampler's current CVVC generated oto is known to be very incorrect (speaking for both myself and others).

So it would be more worth it to just do the oto.ni from scratch than fuss with moresampler for a CV you think?

I think setparam can do auto CV otos? You might have to edit it though

I expect anything to need a little tweaking. What is setparam?

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
So it would be more worth it to just do the oto.ni from scratch than fuss with moresampler for a CV you think?
CV doesn't take much dragging compare to say VCV and CVVC, so it's better to just do it from scratch. Sure you might get the offsets and cutoffs near what you want but it's best to not mess with something it's not made for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nohkara

Eden

Momo's Minion
it's best to not mess with something it's not made for.

Ok I've done a CVVC render of all three pitches and I've gotten the bank to sing in hirigana, but it sounds like raspy metallic trash. Not sure if it's the samples, the resampler, or the oto, but I think I'll delete the otos and start over from scratch.
[doublepost=1485929970][/doublepost]

Thanks you for this! I'll experiment with it's automatic and manual features, but are there any tutorials?