Make japanese utau's pseudo-english run more smoothly?

KrimsonDCLXVI

Momo's Minion
So I have a japanese-only utau (Maiko) and I can't find a japanese translation of the song I want to cover. So I'm trying to make the utau sound like it's singing in english even though it is not. How do I make the transition sound smoother and the pseudo-english more accurate? So image of what I have so far and also here's the link to the song I want to cover: Black Flag - My War.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    68.8 KB · Views: 9

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Make sure that you're in Mode 2. This is more important for doing any pitch manipulations, which is more relevant to singing vocals, but it will also enable the envelope view at the same time.
To ensure that samples blend together smoothly, you can press an envelope crossfade button (either P1P4 or P2P3). Each note will then be faded out at the ends where they connect.

As for transcribing the lyrics, you may want to become more familiar with the phonology of Japanese and English. Here are the Wikipedia articles you can read, so that you can find the similarities between the sounds of the languages.

Remember, English spelling doesn't correspond 100% to its pronunciation. Think more about how a word sounds than what letters are used to spell it.