New Digital Diva - SELENA

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I have to agree with bodytemp. You all are looking to sell her, but just from this, there isn't much of a sell point. If she can shape shift/morph. Wouldn't it be a unique twist to give her no design, but just maybe a color scheme. So the people using her can draw her in any look. I see the whole "its not about the design, but the voice." Yet if it was just about the voice, then why have a design in the first place. Are you getting what I'm badly explaining? The VY series is a good example. However, if the design stays I suppose that's what you guys deem fit. But don't be surprised when comments like these emerge.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have to agree with bodytemp. You all are looking to sell her, but just from this, there isn't much of a sell point. If she can shape shift/morph. Wouldn't it be a unique twist to give her no design, but just maybe a color scheme. So the people using her can draw her in any look. I see the whole "its not about the design, but the voice." Yet if it was just about the voice, then why have a design in the first place. Are you getting what I'm badly explaining? The VY series is a good example. However, if the design stays I suppose that's what you guys deem fit. But don't be surprised when comments like these emerge.
She can shapeshift, but we want to have an official human design and an alien design. Like I said, you might like her alien form better. It's not changing. Please stop asking.
[DOUBLEPOST=1443673623][/DOUBLEPOST]Fine, we will consider doing a new design. It will need to wait a while though. We are not able to do so at this time. No promises on how this will turn out!

Reactions: Milk

Leah

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, Melobunii's and bodytemp's fanart/suggestions are much better than her actual design, at least colour scheme wise. I know it's only an opinion, but many seem to agree that this combination is too jarring, and I also think that this shade of blue is just plain ugly. There are many pretty shades of blue and orange; Vocaloid Stardust's design shows that when right shades of these colours are combined, they can look really great. Whilst Selena have not been copying any other virtual diva's design, changing the shade of blue may make her look closer to ALYS, hence I suggest a change of clothes or a completely different colour scheme.

Additionally, Melobunii draws chibis really nicely, but I don't think her Selena artwork is appropriate for a commercial product. If you're going to make profit off Selena, then I suggest commissioning someone else; it's really not that expensive.

Leo

oh you know
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Sorry for butting in here, but I think this requires a little bit of intervention.

When talking about SELENA's design, people may not particularly be looking for it to be changed, just voicing their opinions about how they feel about it. If SELENA is meant to be a shapeshifter and have alternate appearances besides her official, wouldn't these small discussions about alternate designs for her be encouraged instead of shot down with "it's not changing"?
While I understand the desire to protect your product, critique and discussion of the design isn't an attack towards SELENA and others are allowed to voice their opinions. This is a discussion forum after all.
TL;DR discussing her design doesn't mean people actively want it changed, people are allowed to have opinions and voice them (without being destructive or rude) and I don't see why this instance is any different.

Most people would assume that making the development process of SELENA so open and involved would mean that her potential consumers would have a degree of involvement (or pseudo-involvement) with the procession of her development and final product.

I personally wish SELENA would have been unveiled at a greater state of finish; it seems as though we were presented a silhouette with little information, originally a .tk free domain, no voice provider, and little information about the engine. First impressions are key, really.

I also have a few opinions about her design itself, however I'll probably just draw her myself to get a better feel before I say anything.

In any case, users should respect that SELENA's design and development team do not wish to change the design and not try to have it retroactively changed, but users should also be allowed to voice their opinions about the product itself.

Reactions: Kitcat190 and Milk

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Alright, we've agreed on new art, however, still no promises on her design. The only thing that will definitely change is her expression. It will be more mature to match her voice.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

I have to agree with Alice on this one. In reality you don't have to listen to what people say about the design, but if she does in fact become popular, don't be surprised if comments on it are to arise.

Reactions: Kitcat190

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
You know I heard SELENA vp and she sounds great i'm just excited to hear how she'll turn out in the synth
Is there any set price yet for Selena's vb?
and where can we purchase Festival? I remember trying to get it but the person who contated me told me that I must be a company in order to get it xD
What languages will she be able to sing? (excluding english accent Japanese)
(sorry for butting in)

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I can still do it in chibi way or something if not its fine :smile:
We're fine with that.

You know I heard SELENA vp and she sounds great i'm just excited to hear how she'll turn out in the synth
Is there any set price yet for Selena's vb?
and where can we purchase Festival? I remember trying to get it but the person who contated me told me that I must be a company in order to get it xD
What languages will she be able to sing? (excluding english accent Japanese)
(sorry for butting in)

She is not Japanese at all, only English as of now. Festival is FREE for anyone to download, and SELENA will not be over $15~

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
We're fine with that.

She is not Japanese at all, only English as of now. Festival is FREE for anyone to download, and SELENA will not be over $15~
okie dokie! >u<

tell me how you'd like it, or do you want me to pizzazz up selenas design like i did yesterday?

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
We're fine with that.

Ok that is good to hear then ^^
I did say "What languages will she be able to sing?" not that she's a japanese bank I get that part but will she be able to sing other languages like MAIKA?

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ok that is good to hear then ^^
I did say "What languages will she be able to sing?" not that she's a japanese bank I get that part but will she be able to sing other languages like MAIKA?
Well you asked and the way you worded saying Japanese sounded as if you thought she was getting Japanese, sorry, and no she won't be like MAIKA.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That promo is super cool, and I'm really excited for the redesign! :wink:
Thank you~ We also wanted to just make sure and tell people that the planet in the promo is Malaklu, SELENA's home planet.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UPDATE 10/5/15
As of right now we are getting everything setup so we can make sure everything goes smoothly and until it is finished we will not have a bank ready. I will try my best to update this thread when needed and we will still post SELENA related things. One of those things is the upcoming E.T. video that will act a sort of demo/preview of what SELENA should sound like and show her new design. Once that and the setup is finally done we will have Katerinu record the necessary phonemes for the banks! The talking bank will definitely be done this year and the singing bank might be done this year or early 2016. (We do have the Flinger GUI to make.) Updates about the banks will be posted as soon as possible and we hope you will like her bank when finished. If her sales are proven to be decent/good she will receive Redigitalizations, appends basically, or more languages