New MIDI ust has strange vibrato on blank notes

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
imported a midi, and some blank (as in, no vibrato or pitchbends added) notes have a strange vibrato to them. this has been happening outside of using midi, even when creating ust's from scratch. it happens with all vb's, so I'm left to assume it's utau. I've "fit" the ust to the bank quite a few times, no changes.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
What resampler are you using? Also any chance of a sample of the offending sound?

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
I use moresampler. I ended up having to restart with the midi, and the issue has gone away, however I do have an example of it in another ust that was made from scratch. it comes and goes as it pleases, it seems.

hopefully this works to showcase the issue some

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Ah, that's engine noise-- in this case, from the way Moresampler loops (instead of stretching) samples. You can adjust it in the oto by making sure the waveform, pitch and spectrogram in the area between the end of the pink zone and the end marker are reasonably consistent, and that all consonants and background noises are safely within the pink area.

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
aaahhh that makes sense as to why it comes and goes and is sorta inconsistent. an idea- there's a flag that changes from looping to stretching (e). could that be applied to the problem notes to possibly fix the issue as well? (really just trying to avoid messing with the oto bc it sucks the life out of me lmao)

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
You can, but if the oto is dodgy it'll stretch whatever part is causing the loop problem-- AND you'll have to add the flag each and every time there's a hiccup, while oto changes are permanent.
If it sounds fine and it's less stressful for you, it's fine though.

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
You can also use moresampler's "e" flag to tell it to use stretching/time scaling instead of looping.

Reactions: WinterdrivE

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
While the e flag is an option, you can also edit the moreconfig.txt file and change synthesis-duration-extension-method auto to synthesis-duration-extension-method stretch, which will make it stretch by default if you want to go this route. The Me flag will force looping if you want to force looping on a note-by-note basis

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
While the e flag is an option, you can also edit the moreconfig.txt file and change synthesis-duration-extension-method auto to synthesis-duration-extension-method stretch, which will make it stretch by default if you want to go this route. The Me flag will force looping if you want to force looping on a note-by-note basis

do you think this would produce better results overall? considering it happens a lot, is this just something that commonly happens with moresampler? shame, I love it so much.

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
it really depends on the voicebank and your preference. If you want to use stretch, then use stretch. fwiw, I don't find the looping effect that noticeable in your sample on most syllables. Te was the only one where it sounded noticeably off, and it sounds like its probably an actual oto problem, like Halo suggested. It sounds like part of a different vowel is inside the stretchable/loopable area. An oto problem like that will be noticeable whether its set to stretch or loop (either that or its a problem with the recording, but it might still be able to be oto'ed around either way)

Reactions: xshugarrx