Using UTAU for the first time in 2+ years, can't figure out why my VB isn't making noise?

Murphinerr

Teto's Territory
[SOLVED]]

SO... I've decided to try my hands at UTAU. Again. After 2 years. I had to get into my very very old tumblr to find the voicebank download. Anyway, I changed my system locale and installed the v0.4.18e (english) version from this site.

I have my system locale downloaded, I also found the shareware code online and I put that in, downloaded TIPS, from what i remembered all the right stuff. But that's about all I remember, memory loss. So it's like I'm starting all over again.

ANYWHOO... I do know for a fact my VB works (obv, used her all the time) but I've downloaded both a Mind Brand and Miss Wanna Die VCV UST, my UTAU is completely silent for both of them except for a soft quiet static noise. I even put them through the suffix broker, didn't even work for my CV. Hell, i even tried uta and same result with her.

I have had similar problems with MMD/PMXeditor except those won't even start up. I have a very new computer (windows 10, the version that thinks it's too cool to have Windows Movie Maker) so it acts weird with these programs

anyone know any advice on how to get this UTAU to sing?

edit: been gone for so long i forgot i set my profile picture as my dog. well, gotta admit it's a cute picture. and yes, doggo is alive and well

Last edited:
Reactions: HIRATELIER

Murphinerr

Teto's Territory
can you provide screenshots of what you have so far, like what's in the voicebank such as the oto.ini configurations, and the ust you're using? it'll be of great help of us to figure out what's going on!

sure, idk how to put pictures in a response so i gotta use imgur links

inside the voicebank file (it's VCV) is all these sound things

the UST is just a normal lookin ust

But when I'm using tips, when I press play it looks like this. With normal resampler it looks like this. obv i don't try playing all 600 notes at once, just had to do that so i had time to take a screenshot lol. but once whatever im trying to play plays, all i hear is like a weird hushed static sound
[doublepost=1549769655][/doublepost][SOLVED]
god this is embarrassing..
the whole time
whole time
all i had to do is run as administrator
well now to the fun part of relearning everything else.

Reactions: HIRATELIER