UTAU 4.00!

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Umbreon126 link said:
[quote author=Mario.MD link=topic=4202.msg30237#msg30237 date=1353833407]expression \"red japanese text\" is unnecesary.
was it disrespectful? i'm so sorry m(__)m
i didn't mean to >.<
[/quote]

Not disrespectful, but didn't want to cause paranoia on people. Having in mind this is the last update in almost more than 2 years, it was kinda big, and 1 to 2 days after going down it would cause a little bit of stress... but don't worry. XD

The resampler progress was present in 4.0, it's a nice addon indeed since some people prefered resampler.dll over that (yet, never use resampler.dll, the result is horrible).

Defoko samples that include * are mean to be used to smooth the vowel transitions; yet I feel these will misplace vowels. I recommend to use the crossfade tool to blend single sound vowels better.

Asuka

Teto's Territory
Hi! I just got into installing 4.10, and a lot of people have been commenting about the 4.0 ver. resampler that works better than its previous 2.67 version. Do these statements stay true for 4.0? I've been trying to make various UTAU's (Japanese and Over-seas alike) on resampler.exe but it doesn't seem to be working (and by that, I mean not making sounds at all).

Though, it does work pretty nicely on fresamp.

(EDIT: Oh, for some reason it works now.)

TaiyoProwerz

Momo's Minion
Hmm. Got the new UTAU but for some reason no other resamplers except the default will work for me. Anyone know how to sort this out? oO;
(The new default resampler is honestly beautiful but I'm just so used to using TIPS I can't live without it. xDD)

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Another update~ //pissed because just got 4.10

Version 4.11 was put up as of today http://utau2008.xrea.jp/

According to the amazing Google translate, it says some input/output error was fixed, and I'm assuming that it's more secure and stable.

P

PurinPuff

Does this mean I can finally generate a proper wav file? Hallelujah! Time to reinstall UTAU for the third time this week!

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I think people should not be mad with ameya. OK, I know it took him over 2+ years to make an update to the program... but over the last months he commented that "a curse" didn't let him update anything of his work.

I suppose this "curse" may be work/personal issues that, as community, we should understand. At the end, he is another human being like us.

Please understand that, even if he is updating every other day, it's because he want to offer us a good and safe software.

In any case; enjoy = w=/

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
0.4.11 (someone on VO pointed that out). Does that mean UTAU isn't even on version 1 yet?

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
UTAU has never reached 1.0, technically, we have always been using a beta program.... for more than 4 years

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
tady159 link said:
UTAU has never reached 1.0, technically, we have always been using a beta program.... for more than 4 years

Tady, that sounds actually like a really bitter comment. While, under technical concepts you are right about we may be using a "beta", it's still a pretty a good program.

Remember.... he is also a human beign, and he has commented many times that his real life kept him away of doing a lot of he wanted to do with his program.

For the purpose the program was made, it works really good as a beta.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I don't see how it's still a beta, I mean, it's a fully functional program. At least capable of being a 1.0 in my opinion...

Mimi_Neko

Momo's Minion
I'm really excited to try it, but I keep getting an error during installation.

Its a popup box with a bunch of kanji on top, then in a white box under it it says
"Resampler.exe (process Id: 6456)
Wavtool.exe (process id: 8052)"

Then it has three options, all of which no nothing but make it try again and fail. Anyone know what to do for this?

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Mimi_Neko link said:
I'm really excited to try it, but I keep getting an error during installation.

Its a popup box with a bunch of kanji on top, then in a white box under it it says
\"Resampler.exe (process Id: 6456)
Wavtool.exe (process id: 8052)\"

Then it has three options, all of which no nothing but make it try again and fail. Anyone know what to do for this?

Could you please provide a screenshot of the so called error?

Mimi_Neko

Momo's Minion
Here's what it looks like after completely restarting the installer. If its too blurry let me know, I had to trim it because the original file was too big

Attachments

• ERROR-1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 42

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
FFFFFFFFFFF. I didn't believe the new resampler would actually reach C7. Well, i tested it out today, and, oh my word. It reached C7 with no flags XD.

Now I wont be using fresamp for a while. This new resampler is too amazing.

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Honestly, I've never liked fresamp. I think it just makes the voices nasally and squeaky, and it always screws up the pitches and sounds. I've always been more inclined to TIPS, and EFB-GT (PB or whatever the other one is has also only caused errors for me). I adore the new default resampler though, and will likely stick to it.