UTAU doesn't accept any resampler other than default ones

Nc8_7

Momo's Minion
hi!
i just joined utaforum today, and i'm still at beginner at utau so i barely can do a 'thing'.
i need help, for some reason, utau doesn't accept any resampels except than default resamplers???
i've downloaded a bunch of resamplers so i can test them, only 2 works which are "bkh01.exe" and "fresamp.exe".
the others don't work.
when i hit play, it's either going to be;
1) notes playing, but there's no sound.
2) a "failed to generate wav file" error message and everytime i have to change the resampler so i can get rid of it.
i've tried everything,
made a check next to "no batch file for rendering" in "Tools" > "Options" >"Rendering" > "No batch file for rendering (not recommended)"
resamples are in the same folder where utau is.
i tried moving utau's folder to another directory such as disktop, or documents but it seems that this doesn't make a difference from what i see.
i even deleted utau completly and than installed again (with a backup for all my files of course)
i've also made sure that my locale is set to japan.
i've tried almost everything i could think of.
i'd be very happy if someone helped me troubleshoot this, i really don't want to stick with default resampels utau has.
sorry for bad grammer, i'm not a native english speaker.
thanks for reading. :creepy:

Reactions: Big_B

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Try double checking your decimal settings.
Control Panel > Clock and Region > Region > Additional Settings

Put a period in the box. Even if it looks like a period, I'd delete it and type it out again just to be sure.
1629222329021.png

Nc8_7

Momo's Minion
Try double checking your decimal settings.
Control Panel > Clock and Region > Region > Additional Settings

Put a period in the box. Even if it looks like a period, I'd delete it and type it out again just to be sure.
View attachment 10703
i did already before and now. seems nothing have changed. but thanks for the help!

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Where do you have UTAU installed to? If it's in Program Files or somewhere similar, try moving the whole folder to Documents or your Desktop and see if that helps.

EDIT: I just saw in your opening post. Nevermind on that front.

Do no voicebanks work with other resamplers, or is it a specific one?

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sometimes it's because a resampler needs to be installed in a different way. Idk for sure how it works for every resampler, but for Moresampler (For example) you need to choose it as the wavtool and resampler option.

Other thing that can be happening is that your utau don't have the frq files. Some resamplers use a different FRQ file than the one generated by utau's default resampler. I recommend you to do a backup of the voicebank you're using and then go to voicebank option, select a random note and press "Generate frequency map". Test if it sounds and come back to tell us the result.

Also it can be from the Voicebank you're using, did you tried these resampler in a different one? Sometimes it can happen because of the preutturance and overlap values, so when you change your resampler it doesn't sound. It happened with me once.

Nc8_7

Momo's Minion
Sometimes it's because a resampler needs to be installed in a different way. Idk for sure how it works for every resampler, but for Moresampler (For example) you need to choose it as the wavtool and resampler option.

Other thing that can be happening is that your utau don't have the frq files. Some resamplers use a different FRQ file than the one generated by utau's default resampler. I recommend you to do a backup of the voicebank you're using and then go to voicebank option, select a random note and press "Generate frequency map". Test if it sounds and come back to tell us the result.

Also it can be from the Voicebank you're using, did you tried these resampler in a different one? Sometimes it can happen because of the preutturance and overlap values, so when you change your resampler it doesn't sound. It happened with me once.
Where do you have UTAU installed to? If it's in Program Files or somewhere similar, try moving the whole folder to Documents or your Desktop and see if that helps.

EDIT: I just saw in your opening post. Nevermind on that front.

Do no voicebanks work with other resamplers, or is it a specific one?
some do but rarely, i only have 5 voicebanks installed.
Post automatically merged:

yes, i tried it in every vb i have, maybe that could be the fault. maybe because of the preutturance and overlap thing, since i get an warning everytime i open utau but i don't really give an attention to it.
anyways, thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_B

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
some do but rarely, i only have 5 voicebanks installed.
Post automatically merged:

yes, i tried it in every vb i have, maybe that could be the fault. maybe because of the preutturance and overlap thing, since i get an warning everytime i open utau but i don't really give an attention to it.
anyways, thanks for the help guys!
Yw! ^^

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Just to double check and be sure, are you using USTs that are the correct format for your voicebanks?