UTSU - A cross-platform vocal synth frontend

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Lethe, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Lethe

Lethe Ruko's Ruffians Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    @partial
    You never know, it could have just been a bad experience in that one class. If you do want to get back into programming, I've heard good things about Codecademy.

No worries, all the features you recommended are still on my task list!

Are you trying to open .utau files maybe? Utsu only supports directory-based voicebanks right now, so you would need to basically copy the contents of the .utau voicebank into a new folder and select that folder when you open a voicebank.

Is that what the .spef files are for? Sure, I'll add spectrograms and zoom controls to the task list, at the same priority as the other voicebank features.

Utsu creates both (foldered) oto.ini files and a (non-foldered) oto_ini.txt file. All of the oto data will be saved in both formats except for the lyrics/filenames not supported by Shift-JIS, which will only be saved in the oto_ini.txt file. That way, UTAU-Synth will be able to read the entire voicebank while UTAU will be able to read all parts that can be rendered in Shift-JIS. Prefixmaps work the same way--Utsu will create a Unicode prefixmap file and a Shift-JIS prefix.map file. The description, name, and author, meanwhile, will be saved in Shift-JIS by default so that UTAU can read them. If any characters in those fields are Unicode-only, the files will be saved in Unicode instead.

TL:DR You can make Unicode voicebanks on Utsu and open them on UTAU-Synth, but UTAU won't be able to use them properly.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. Halo

Halo Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA Administrator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Can't seem to use Moresampler this release. Other than that, its feeling pretty good to work in! Keep it up!

Edit: or somehow it seems like I was using an outdated version. Oops! Disregard :sick:

Double edit: Would be nice if we could either get presamp compatibility or (better, but more difficult to implement im sure) CVVC conversion, too! :wink:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    azazel likes this.
  3. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Oh no no no no no, I'm simply not smart enough to write code that achieves what I want it to. I can imagine neat ideas all day but I have no idea where to start when it comes to actually making them reality. I would need a guide for every small thing I wanted my programs to include, but following various guides to achieve results would really not make the programs mine at all....

I may look into your link despite that. Thank you.

4. FiftiesYoungin

FiftiesYoungin Procrastination Who? Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Maybe you could sell your ideas

partial likes this.
  5. piachuk

piachuk Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I'm a C# and C++ programmer, i wonder, why using JAVA ? this language is great for android development but anything else using java will be a lot slower, the best would have been to use a language such as C# or C++ for performances, if you want cross platform, in this case, C# with MONO or C++ with libraries such as SDL and that would be perfect

6. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I've got no idea, since it's only UTAU-Synth that makes them. UTAU makes .uspec files to cache spectrograms but they're optional.

7. Dangosan

Dangosan Jerboa angel of Light Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    If you still want to go with scripting languages, go with Python

8. Lethe

Trophy Points
    Working on it!

C# wasn't truly viable for Mac development until Visual Studio for Mac (using .NET Core) came out in mid-2017, and by then I had already started Utsu. As for speed, C# and Java distros tend to be about the same while C++ can be optimized to be faster. So I use C++ for the resource-intensive parts of Utsu (such as .frq generation) and Java for everything else because it has swank IDEs, package managers, and dependency injection frameworks.

Can confirm, Python good.

9. DELTΔ

DELTΔ hag Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I think it'd be nice if it had a color scheme similar to Vocaloid where its grey, black and the notes are green. I personally find that color scheme more pleasing than UTAU synth where its mostly white lol.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  10. Khento

Khento Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Loading USTs with Notes with an empty Flags property and no global Flags causes the resampler to crash. I looked at the code that calls the resampler and apparently it skips the flags argument entirely, passing wrong arguments to the resampler.

upload_2018-2-19_20-28-19.png upload_2018-2-19_20-28-37.png
    Argument 5 was supposed to be flags.
    Setting the flag to some value fixes the problem.

Kiyoteru likes this.
  11. Lethe

Trophy Points
    I was thinking of adding a theme chooser as part of user preferences. That way Utsu could have 'Vocaloid-style' as one of its themes, or better, let users create their own themes!

Thanks for investigating! I couldn't reproduce this bug on a Mac, so it may be a Windows issue. I implemented the fix you suggested and used a placeholder arg for notes with no flags.

Kiyoteru, DELTΔ, VocAddict and 3 others like this.
  12. balianw

balianw Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    @Lethe I submitted a spanish translation for UTSU! (P.S. it's my first time contributing to a project so I'm not sure if I submitted it correctly on Github)

I also added notes to the new file request explaining some stuffs and word choices. Cheers! :D

Lethe, Prehnite and Haichou like this.
  13. Lethe

Trophy Points
    wooooaaah thank you so much! You're the first one!

The translations look good, I've merged them into the main repository where you're now listed as a contributor. Spanish will be a supported language in Utsu's next binary release.

14. Cheese

Cheese cured meat enthusiast Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hi! This project looks really exciting, thank you for working on this.

I noticed that you said you had a domain and that someone was making a website for youーI'm not sure if you need it, but if you do, I wouldn't mind hosting it on my server for freeーI really want to support this project, so I figured I'd ask!

partial likes this.
  15. Raindropx

Raindropx Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    @Lethe I submitted Chinese translation for UTSU(it's my first time too
    XD

16. Raindropx

Raindropx Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    upload_2018-2-28_6-34-3.png
    UTSU on deepin linux……
    Seems doesn't work correctly?

17. trinkhk

trinkhk Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm sorry for the idiotic question, but how do you open and edit a voicebank?
    I've tried opening a designated folder with the "open voicebank" option, but "Iona CV" is still the one vb being tabbed.

18. FiftiesYoungin

FiftiesYoungin Procrastination Who? Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    For the zip package of the software could you add an exe instead of .jar, my pc can't run java

19. K! Storm

K! Storm Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    @Lethe Are you still alive

20. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    ...Did you really join this forum just to ping the developer? They have a day job, so we really shouldn't expect them to be working on UTSU 24/7!