VCV oto help! n sounds

sokiiro

Momo's Minion
Hello there! I'm kinda new to utau and I've been only following advices I've seen in youtube and forums here but, they never really toss in how do you oto these ones. Do i start it like this?

It says nfi so I was thinking it should start from the "n" sound with with the pre utterance starting at the "fi". I'm not sure on what to do here.

1708844398687.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The area between offset and overlap should be the stable part of the "n" sound. So the overlap goes right as the "n" is fading out.

The preutterance should always go at the start of the next vowel. So in this case, it goes between the "f" and "i" sounds.

Then the area after the fixed region (called "consonant" in this outdated translation) and before the final cutoff is the part that gets extended for long notes. This should be the stable part of the next vowel.

If you're not sure where "the stable part of the vowel" is, enable the spectrogram view so you can see the audio frequencies. The stable part is where you see straight horizontal lines. Near the ends of each syllable you'll see the lines fading or bending.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
The aliases for these are wrong. The n is the vowel, so, it's 'n fi', 'n fe', and 'n fo' for each of these consonants. The redundant '- n', 'e n' and 'o n' entries can just be skipped. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiyoteru