Any Lolitas here?

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
You might want to keep the petticoat even if it stays less poofy for now because on days where you might do a more casual/less-involved coord, a full floofy petti may be overwhelming. I've heard that starching the petticoat can help stiffen it up too.

I'm glad you got your Lost in Sea set too. I've been hearing about your secondhand troubles so I'm glad it got sorted out : )

There's this weird thing that I've noticed with a lot of Taobao shops that I don't really know what it's about. A shop will sometimes have this one "product" that's either impossibly cheap(like 1 yuan) or ridiculously expensive(9999999999 yuan) that has like some sort of random picture attached as it's icon. It looks like it's not an actual product but perhaps an announcements page of some sort, which explains why they would be priced the way they are. Here's an example from Rose Melody's shop of what I'm talking about: 各种疑难杂症(无需支付费用-淘宝网

...Now that I've ran it through a translator, it seems to be about returning damaged clothing to be fixed, but I don't think all of those things would be about it. Is it because of Taobao's set up that they can't make pages?

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You might want to keep the petticoat even if it stays less poofy for now because on days where you might do a more casual/less-involved coord, a full floofy petti may be overwhelming. I've heard that starching the petticoat can help stiffen it up too.

I'm glad you got your Lost in Sea set too. I've been hearing about your secondhand troubles so I'm glad it got sorted out : )

I'm going to keep it no matter what after dropping the money I did on it. Plus I figured I'll need a back up petti, or a "traveling petti." I do have a few tricks I want to try to see if it'll bring back any poof it had, but lost in shipping.

I just don't know what it is with me and buying second hand! The girl who sold me the Lost in Sea set kinda dropped of the earth after I paid her and I was unable to get her to reply to any of my messages until I opened a dispute and believe it, or not, she replied to me not long after, yet the messages I sent to her for days didn't reach her through LJ, email and tumblr.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
-raises hand tentatively- I generally wear it only to cons, though, because I dread getting my pieces dirty and congoers are generally respectful of costume, and lolita meetups are sparse. Classic is my thing.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My next paycheck I can finally buy some lolita stuff~
Anyone wanna help me look for cheap-ish stuff to buy either from bodyline or taobao?

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
My next paycheck I can finally buy some lolita stuff~
Anyone wanna help me look for cheap-ish stuff to buy either from bodyline or taobao?
What's your style/aesthetic again? I can suggest shops and items from there...keep in mind that a lot of Bodyline tends to cater to sweet style, but there are things in there that have multistyle appeal.

Buying secondhand may be helpful too. If you're good with sewing and bargain hunting, you might find marked down damaged brand that can be fixed. Secondhand tends to not be as inexpensive if it's a never worn or worn once thingy, though.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Buying second hand isn't a bad idea. I suppose it's where you're doing your second hand buying that's the key. I've bought second hand on egl_sales, lacemarket and a few facebook groups. Personally, I think lacemarket is the way to go for since lacemarket isn't as complicated as the others.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
(Please note that I can't vouch very well for sizing, sorry :cry:)

Hmmm with Bodyline the stuff might be too sweet but hey they're having a shoe sale(1000 yen off & free shipping!!) so you should check that out! As for specific items, the L325 seems to be a very versatile skirt that I see a lot, but only two colorways are available right now. I'd also recommend their L514 skirt, which I own personally and it's quite nice : ) Make sure to check out for things like blouses and bloomers too! And did I mention that there's a shoe sale?

Anna House is a brand that I think you should consider because their stuff is an old school sweet, though more for accessories and stuff because their dresses are ita to me IMO. Their headwear bows and bonnets look quite nice to me though. In fact, there's a half bonnet I've been eyeing there...Also, you can "bespoke" items from Anna House too so you can have them made in different colors not shown and stuff.

Dear Celine, Surface Spell, Magic Tea Party, Krad Lanrete and Rose Melody(The latter two are kinda pricey, I believe...) I'm pretty sure sell classic stuff. Lolita Tips on Tumblr has a whole list of Taobao shops to explore here: Lolita Tips, A list of Lolita TaoBao shops Dream of Lolita is another Taobao shop to mention. While Dream of Lolita's quality isn't the best, you can find lots of replicas there. Loris is also a shop that is completely bags, which includes replicas and originals.

I've never done any secondhand shopping, but alongside places like the comm sales and Lacemarket, you can also look though secondhand shops like Closet Child and Maiden Clothing. Keep an eye out for sales on the comm like closet cleaning sales and leaving lolita/style change sales, as in these cases the sellers are looking to get rid of stuff and make room(especially if it's an older post and they haven't sold everything yet).

Xepheris

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
*Stalks this thread*
I love lolita clothing so much.. But I don't have the money to buy any of it..
Gothic lolita, classic lolita, sweet lolita.. All of it is so cute >.<

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
(Please note that I can't vouch very well for sizing, sorry :cry:)

Hmmm with Bodyline the stuff might be too sweet but hey they're having a shoe sale(1000 yen off & free shipping!!) so you should check that out! As for specific items, the L325 seems to be a very versatile skirt that I see a lot, but only two colorways are available right now. I'd also recommend their L514 skirt, which I own personally and it's quite nice : ) Make sure to check out for things like blouses and bloomers too! And did I mention that there's a shoe sale?
That reminds me, if anyone is ordering from bodyline be careful right now. The only reason I say that is because there seems to be trouble with shipping right now. I ordered a pair of shoes on the 23rd and the tracking said "item not found" until it updated on the 6th. And I know it's not just me because I've talked to other people about it. There was a thing about it but I can't find it. I'll post it when I find it.

Reactions: WendytheCreeper

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
*Stalks this thread*
I love lolita clothing so much.. But I don't have the money to buy any of it..
Gothic lolita, classic lolita, sweet lolita.. All of it is so cute >.<
I know that feel ;_; a friend/acquaintance once mentioned wanting $600 to make a lolita coord. Even if you're bargain hunting and buying from relatively affordable places like Taobao shops and Bodyline...it still adds up.
That reminds me, if anyone is ordering from bodyline be careful right now. The only reason I say that is because there seems to be trouble with shipping right now. I ordered a pair of shoes on the 23rd and the tracking said "item not found" until it updated on the 6th. And I know it's not just me because I've talked to other people about it. There was a thing about it but I can't find it. I'll post it when I find it.
Judging from Bodyline's shipping page, it might be a heavy traffic/shopping period. In 2012 AIR had huge delays around this time of year as well as the Christmas season...I wonder then if the free shipping applies to EMS then. Because if it does, that'd be so cool.

I'm not familiar with the situation, but I hope shipping goes okay for you.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Delayed Delivery of International Mail - Japan Post
And Japan did just get hit with a typhoon, so...

I know that feel ;_; a friend/acquaintance once mentioned wanting $600 to make a lolita coord. Even if you're bargain hunting and buying from relatively affordable places like Taobao shops and Bodyline...it still adds up.

Judging from Bodyline's shipping page, it might be a heavy traffic/shopping period. In 2012 AIR had huge delays around this time of year as well as the Christmas season...I wonder then if the free shipping applies to EMS then. Because if it does, that'd be so cool.

I'm not familiar with the situation, but I hope shipping goes okay for you.
Ain't that the truth? I've spent more on lolita and lolita related stuff than I've realized lately.

The free shipping is only for air. If they did free shipping for EMS then they'd loose a lot of money considering EMS is expensive!
But I don't mind the delay as long as I get them by November.

Last edited:

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Aha. That would do it with delays...as long as it's just a delay, that's not bad. At least your package didn't get lost or some horrific thing happened ^-^
BTW, what would be a quality wig in lolita fashion? The thought is crossing my mind because I have to purchase a wig for a cosplay(though not for lolita), and I'll probably be going to a certain local costume shop so perhaps I can survey the wigs and think about whether any of them are good for lolita or if I'm better off buying such things somewhere else...

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think with the shoe sale going on I'll stock up on a variety of shoes and other essentials like petticoats, bloomers, socks and maybe some blouses.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aha. That would do it with delays...as long as it's just a delay, that's not bad. At least your package didn't get lost or some horrific thing happened ^-^
BTW, what would be a quality wig in lolita fashion? The thought is crossing my mind because I have to purchase a wig for a cosplay(though not for lolita), and I'll probably be going to a certain local costume shop so perhaps I can survey the wigs and think about whether any of them are good for lolita or if I'm better off buying such things somewhere else...
Costume shop wigs usually aren't that good. Every shop I've been to has those shiny, plastic fiber wigs that you literally can't wear properly. You could try an actual wig store, but wig store are expensive. I honestly would recommend ebay, or something. The wigs I've gotten from around ebay have always been good with the tiny exception of the last wigs I ordered. The only reason I say that is because the curled ponytails that attach to the wig look kinda messed up and I'm not sure how to fix them.

I think with the shoe sale going on I'll stock up on a variety of shoes and other essentials like petticoats, bloomers, socks and maybe some blouses.
Bodyline petticoats are really bad. I think you'd have to wear at least 5 of them to get an ounce of poof.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I heard that about bodyline petticoats. So i'll probably buy those elsewhere. But I assume the rest of their stuff is decent.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I heard that about bodyline petticoats. So i'll probably buy those elsewhere. But I assume the rest of their stuff is decent.

From what I've gotten from them, yeah. They only thing I can complain about is the amount of loose threads you have to cut off, but other than that everything is fine.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Shoes193 in brw seems like a pretty good idea to me for shoes. I think an off white blouse and mainly off white colored socks will look nice with the lace. I want to recommend the L016 blouse in owh, which has some rather lovely soft lace and a detachable bow, though care and caution it's shorter in the back. I'm at a loss for socks right now, but I'd go for something off white.

One of Anna House's half bonnets, in brown, I personally feel would be a very nice head wear! The only thing to look out for is the lace color; The eyelet lace on the bonnet might be too white as compared to the lace on the jsk...

Hmmm...those are all I can think of for the moment. I don't want to go overboard in case if you're not the sort of lolita who wants to go all out and be the ultimate rococo princess of endless frill, ruffle and awesomeness(it's not that kind of jsk anyway). Any further suggestions would be helpful : )

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh~ I like those shoes, I'll get those.
And I think that bonnet would be good, I found a better picture of the lace on the front and it's pretty white, so I think it would work. But I have bad eyes so it may look fine to me but actually look horrible, lol.
Lolibrary | Innocent World - JSK - Cendrillon Scallope JSK

I like the blouse, but I think I'd rather get something with short sleeves because I live in Florida and it sucks here. Maybe l301? I think it would be nice, that bow better be detachable.
I'm still looking for socks, but I think maybe some tights or ankle socks would be best. Not sure.