UTAU to Vocaloid port?

HidekoHaruna

Momo's Minion
I saw some videos where people converted Vocaloid voicebanks to UTAU and I wonder, is it possible to do the opposite? If so, how?
Btw even if I get it to work I'm not planning to redistribute anything so it's not illegal.

• Love
Reactions: FlowerPalette

szumek

Momo's Minion
I mean some people tried porting teto into vocaloid but the resoulds sounds kinda bad, and complete not like teto, and I'm pretty sure it's not legal. Tho there is a program called Cadencii that works a lot like vocaloid 2 and u can port any utau and any vocaloid 2 vb to it, and its legal.

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So far, I haven't found anything with a tiny bit of research. I believe due to the very propietary way Vocaloid voicebanks works you'd have to replace the samples properly. But as szumek says, it won't work very well unless you're some kind of audio engineer deity.

HidekoHaruna

Momo's Minion
I mean some people tried porting teto into vocaloid but the resoulds sounds kinda bad, and complete not like teto, and I'm pretty sure it's not legal. Tho there is a program called Cadencii that works a lot like vocaloid 2 and u can port any utau and any vocaloid 2 vb to it, and its legal.
I can't get Cadencii to work, it's completely silent. I tried asking for help here and got no response.

szumek

Momo's Minion
Cadencii is a little bit confusing for me to due to me never using v2 editor (ive only used v4) My sonika works pretty well in Cadencii (the quality is a little bit worse than in v4), i've also tried porting some utaus, but the quality is a lot worst than in utau. If ur trying to use VCV utau in Cadencii u still have to put - あ instead of a/あ like in vocaloid, also as far as I know phonemes in Cadencii doesnt work for utaus.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is not possible. To add a voice for use with the vocaloid engine requires their proprietary dev kit which is not available to the general public. Regarding what you may have seen online: it is illegal to port the results of one synth for use in another synth, regardless of the direction. If you want to use your voice in an interface that's a little closer to how vocaloid works, you have the following options (that I'm aware of)...

• UTSU: this is an UTAU front-end that works on Windows, Linux, and Mac. It is still in beta and lacks some basic and advanced features, but is currently available for use, is under active development, and includes a discord server to bounce off ideas, report bugs, contribute to dev, etc. Even though it relies on the same oto.ini for an UTAU library, it is capable of input for more than Japanese and latin script. http://utaforum.net/threads/utsu-a-cross-platform-vocal-synth-frontend.17476/
  • DeepVocal: this is an offshoot of what used to be called Sharpkey. Originally developed for Chinese voices, it is theoretically able to produce results for other languages without limitations in input methods (which is to say, you're not stuck using latin script for languages such as Korean or Thai) It's interface is very similar to vocaloid4, but converting a library for this engine is not as intuitive. https://www.deep-vocal.com/#/

FlowerPalette

Teto's Territory
Yeah in fact it seems that people have found way (2021) to "import" somehow a utau vb to vocaloid... Sadly personally i don't know the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Thanks, Kiyoteru. Yes, this is against the TOS of both VOCALOID and UTAU, and further discussion of it on UTAforum is not permitted. Unfortunately, if you want to make a VOCALOID, you'll have to shell out for the License & Dev Kit ($$$$$, to my understanding). Best to keep to DEEPVOCAL and UTAU for now.

Reactions: Kazumimi