To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details.

UTSU - A cross-platform vocal synth frontend

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Lethe, Jan 14, 2018.

1. na4a4a

na4a4a Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Suggestion: Use setparam in the meantime

Kiyoteru likes this.
  2. Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP) Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I wonder why I'm not getting any sound with UTAU like teto english

3. Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP) Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    setting my locales settings of windows to utf8 (it's the aternative to setting to japanese which makes all the locales in the world compatible) seems to have fixed it

4. Kit_Kat_Candii

Kit_Kat_Candii Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Hi, I downloaded utsu on my mac a few months ago and I don't know how to get to the voicebank editor. I see the "new voicebank" option in the drop-down menu but its grey and it won't let me click it, is there something I need to download?

5. jay5656

jay5656 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    is there another way? i dont wanna have to change my time zone

6. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Changing locale won't affect your PC's timezone. My laptop is set to Japanese locale and my time and date and language still displays properly.

7. jay5656

jay5656 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    what would it affect then? im sure it has its downsides. Plus, why is she offered in english if her voice is basically region locked?

8. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    UTAU itself is a Japanese program. There are English voicebanks and there is an English interface, yes, but Japanese voicebanks and plugins may not work properly without Japanese locale. The only downside I've ever seen is sometimes other programs will install in Japanese, but that's pretty rare and I've never not had the option to switch the program language should that happen.

9. SaySansy121

SaySansy121 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I can make a Korean translation for this if anyone wants it:uhuhu:

10. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Since it's an open-source project, you should be able to go ahead and add it yourself. https://github.com/titinko/utsu

11. Aurum79

Aurum79 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Replying to an old af post, and this is a very specific anecdote, but when my locale was set to Japanese I eventually ran into strange bugs with a number of unrelated programs I had to use (can't remember which, it was a long time ago) because any time I'd input a "." they'd assume I was using a "。" Now "。" isn't a decimal point but the software still needed to know where the point was and it was pretty crucial for this to work so I had to change my locale back.

I don't know why UTAU needs to be set to Japanese but since Ameya is active these days I hope he does something about it. I've never heard of any other program that requires a specific locale to work.

12. Mooncat

Mooncat Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I'm really impressed with UTSU so far. It's much easier to set up and get working that UTAU.

I'd like to develop it further, but could do with some guidance on missing features and priorities. So far, the things I've noticed are:
    * Pitch curve edit is very limited. I can't work out how to add a node to the curve The pitch curve can also be extended beyond the note, which doesn't seem right
    * General actions aren't clear. There may well be keyboard shortcuts, but these aren't obvious. Perhaps there should be menu / icon options for these things
    * An applications settings menu would be handy to set things like paths to voices etc

In the longer term, I'd like to add more advanced features
    * Multiple tracks - to make it easier to make harmonies or hear a backing track. This could be done without breaking the file format by creating a wrapper file format
    * Pallets of styles or effects to make it quicker to apply vibrato or pitch bending to individual notes, or the whole track
    * Vocaloid file imports
    * Light / dark styles etc

Bear in mind that I'm not a Java developer, but have been developing professionally for many years. I'd love to hear people's opinions on how this could be made even better.

Cosmickinsey and Milk like this.
  13. Vector_Frame

Vector_Frame Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Baixei a versão no formato de arquivo .JAR para o Linux mas ele não abre, mesmo depois de ter seguido as recomendações de baixar o *openjdk-8-jre* e o *openjfx*! Tentei abri-lo através de um terminal mas apareceu as seguintes configurações:

Captura de tela em 2020-03-31 05-28-10.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 1, 2020 at 10:47 AM ---

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 1, 2020 at 10:48 AM ---
    Seria maravilhoso esse tipo de contribuição!