My New Utau Sounds Really Weird

Underlapped

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So!!! I created two new Utaus from my voice, and I just got through Otoing one of them
I followed a pretty thorough tutorial on how to download UTAU and I am pretty sure my settings are all correct
(I can't say 100 percent though since I am completely brand new to UTAU)
The problem is that on certain USTS my Utaus sounds really decent! But on others that I know work (Because I test them with defoko) My Utaus sounds super weird
say like I'm trying to do the song Call Boy right now and the first line is: "hankagai chika basue no baa wa"
when my utau sings it, it sounds like "aaaa aaiii oo aaooo iii oooaaaa"
It's so weird ;-; Like it will cut off the first letter and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong

ArtsyP!nk

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Wait, do you have a snippit of audio? I'm not really sure what you mean by
"aaaaa aaiii...". I've got a few ideas on why this is happening, but I'm not entirely sure I'm accurate.

Reactions: Underlapped

Underlapped

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Wait, do you have a snippit of audio? I'm not really sure what you mean by
"aaaaa aaiii...". I've got a few ideas on why this is happening, but I'm not entirely sure I'm accurate.
I have a little youtube link!

and like if you listen to the suki kirai, he sounds pretty normal? It's so weird and only happens on certain usts

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Select all notes in the UST, right click, go to Region Properties, and clear the preutterance and overlap.

Reactions: Underlapped

Underlapped

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That will only affect the certain ust. There'd be a lot more issues if it affected the whole oto.
Okay then I will definitely try this once I get home! I did the recording of the voice bank on oremo so the silence before I sing the note is pretty long too, as long as I have the cutoff at the start of the note it will be okay right? Sorry there are so many questions!!

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Okay then I will definitely try this once I get home! I did the recording of the voice bank on oremo so the silence before I sing the note is pretty long too, as long as I have the cutoff at the start of the note it will be okay right? Sorry there are so many questions!!
Did you mean the offset (the other blue region, except it's on the left side of the oto window)? If that's at the start of the note, then yes, it'll be fine no matter how much silence you have before it. If it's the cutoff, well... you might've cut off the entire note ^^; but since UTAU is still playing the notes, that's probably not it. I wanted to ask just in case.
There's no need to apologize for asking questions! That's what the UtaHelp section is for :smile:

Underlapped

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Did you mean the offset (the other blue region, except it's on the left side of the oto window)? If that's at the start of the note, then yes, it'll be fine no matter how much silence you have before it. If it's the cutoff, well... you might've cut off the entire note ^^; but since UTAU is still playing the notes, that's probably not it. I wanted to ask just in case.
There's no need to apologize for asking questions! That's what the UtaHelp section is for :smile:
Oh yeah I meant the offset! I can send an image of one of my otos if that helps? I followed a pretty solid looking tutorial!! I'm about to get home so I'll try what I was told! Thank you all for being so kind :sing:
[doublepost=1571178832,1571175273][/doublepost]Okay, So I have tried what Kiyoteru suggested as well as cleared STP and he sounds a little better but he's still choppy and it's hard to understand what he's saying :sad:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1dUHSz0Zhwh

Here's a voice sample

ArtsyP!nk

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Did you then fit the voice to the ust? Y'know, reset, P2P3/P1P4, and ACPT? I'm guessing that clearing then fitting it would fix the issue (that's normally what I do lol).

Underlapped

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Did you then fit the voice to the ust? Y'know, reset, P2P3/P1P4, and ACPT? I'm guessing that clearing then fitting it would fix the issue (that's normally what I do lol).
That also helped a little bit but you still can't make out what he's saying ;-;
[doublepost=1571181162][/doublepost]
That also helped a little bit but you still can't make out what he's saying ;-;
!!!!Wait!! Okay it's not perfect but you can finally start to hear what he's saying, although the beginnings of some notes are still cut off and he's still a bit choppy
there's a BIG improvement though