UTSU - A cross-platform vocal synth frontend

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yoooo this new update sounds so cool but for some reason my mac isn't opening it. When I try to start the program, i get a message that says "this is an application downloaded from the internet are you sure you wanna open it?" and i click yes but then utsu just disappears from my dock and nothing happens. Tried un-installing and reinstalling. doesn't work. can someone please help me out? i really wanna try this orz ty

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for reporting! I was able to verify the bug you found by trying to download and open the DMG on my computer. It looks like the packaging tool I used isn't signing the application properly and so the security on your Mac is preventing you from opening it. I'm trying to find a workaround for this, but in the meantime you should be able to open Utsu on your computer by forcibly disabling the security for this one program:

1. Open your terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal)
2. In the terminal window, type: "xattr -cr /Applications/Utsu.app"
If it worked, the terminal should show you a bunch of "Permission denied" messages.
3. Open your Applications folder in a Finder window, then right-click Utsu's icon and click "Open"

Also, the 0.4.2 update is released! It's mostly bug fixes, but it does add a new Dark theme:

utsu_dark.png

Reactions: Nohkara

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for reporting! I was able to verify the bug you found by trying to download and open the DMG on my computer. It looks like the packaging tool I used isn't signing the application properly and so the security on your Mac is preventing you from opening it. I'm trying to find a workaround for this, but in the meantime you should be able to open Utsu on your computer by forcibly disabling the security for this one program:

1. Open your terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal)
2. In the terminal window, type: "xattr -cr /Applications/Utsu.app"
If it worked, the terminal should show you a bunch of "Permission denied" messages.
3. Open your Applications folder in a Finder window, then right-click Utsu's icon and click "Open"

Also, the 0.4.2 update is released! It's mostly bug fixes, but it does add a new Dark theme:

View attachment 9666
hmm, it's still not working for me. oh well. i suppose i shall just wait, no biggie. take your time and thank you for the update nonetheless!

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
hmm, it's still not working for me. oh well. i suppose i shall just wait, no biggie. take your time and thank you for the update nonetheless!
OK, it took 5 days to work out how to sign and notarize the DMG installer properly. Friendship ended with Apple, Linux is my new favorite operating system.

I updated the installer on the 0.4.2 release, so you should be able to download and get it running now! If it still doesn't run for some reason, I would suggest downloading the latest Mac version (Catalina) and trying one more time.

Last edited:

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
OK, it took 5 days to work out how to sign and notarize the DMG installer properly. Friendship ended with Apple, Linux is my new favorite operating system.

I updated the installer on the 0.4.2 release, so you should be able to download and get it running now! If it still doesn't run for some reason, I would suggest downloading the latest Mac version (Catalina) and trying one more time.

cool! thank you so much!!

Vector_Frame

Momo's Minion
I am happy and relieved with the changes made by you! Despite using Linux, I don't know how to compile programs and because of that I suffered from the previous version. I hope you are well and do not be discouraged from developing the program, it has a future and many people are interested in it, including people from Brazil! :wink:

Elon Satoshi

Teto's Territory
Is it possible to 'fit' an UST to a voicebank, like the UTAU tutorials show (such as ) in UTSU? It might be helpful to make some tutorials, both for people who've used UTAU before as an introduction to the differences between UTSU and UTAU, and for people who've never used UTAU before or have only watched UTAU tutorials.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Given that utsu is still in development, I wouldn't actually recommend it to new users. It's better used by those who can contribute to development, whether directly by writing code, or indirectly by using their knowledge as experienced UTAU users to provide more detailed feedback on specific functionality.

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am happy and relieved with the changes made by you! Despite using Linux, I don't know how to compile programs and because of that I suffered from the previous version. I hope you are well and do not be discouraged from developing the program, it has a future and many people are interested in it, including people from Brazil! :wink:
Thank you for your feedback! Right now UTSU's Portuguese (Brazilian) translation is out-of-date and lots of messages are not yet translated. If anyone you know would be interested in helping with the translation, that would be awesome!

Is it possible to 'fit' an UST to a voicebank, like the UTAU tutorials show (such as ) in UTSU? It might be helpful to make some tutorials, both for people who've used UTAU before as an introduction to the differences between UTSU and UTAU, and for people who've never used UTAU before or have only watched UTAU tutorials.
I'll wait until the program is a more usable before making any tutorials. Thanks for signal-boosting UTSU on reddit!

Progress report: I've been working one hour per day as promised. The User Preferences editor is now complete! That's good enough for a minor release, so I'll release version 0.4.3 in a week or two. Before then there are some smaller features and bug fixes I want to take care of.

Here's a preview of the new color scheme customization:
CustomColorScheme.png

sceryp0

Momo's Minion
Thank you for your feedback! Right now UTSU's Portuguese (Brazilian) translation is out-of-date and lots of messages are not yet translated. If anyone you know would be interested in helping with the translation, that would be awesome!

I'll wait until the program is a more usable before making any tutorials. Thanks for signal-boosting UTSU on reddit!

Progress report: I've been working one hour per day as promised. The User Preferences editor is now complete! That's good enough for a minor release, so I'll release version 0.4.3 in a week or two. Before then there are some smaller features and bug fixes I want to take care of.

View attachment 9724
can I translate into Russian and Armenian?
IT LOOKS SO COOOOOOOOOL
[doublepost=1606052358,1606049830][/doublepost]

View attachment 9724
http://www.mediafire.com/file/esss3jzzcp5fc4i/messages_ru.properties/file
russian

[doublepost=1606055275][/doublepost]

View attachment 9724
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o31ns6dzujprxjd/messages_am.properties/file
armenian

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
can I translate into Russian and Armenian?
IT LOOKS SO COOOOOOOOOL
Thanks, added your translations as part of the new release! Some of the translations were a bit garbled. I tried to unscramble them, but you may want to check on the software to make sure I got them right.

I noticed that importing MIDI files isn't an option on Utsu, and certain voicebanks don't work.
Saw your bug on Github. The voicebanks not working will most likely be fixed in this release, but if not please let me know!

The 0.4.3 update is now released! You can go here to find a Windows, Mac, and Linux installer.

• User preferences editor added!
    • Color scheme preferences:
      • Choose between default light and dark themes.
      • Duplicate any theme to create a custom one.
      • Delete non-default themes.
      • Edit the name/colors of non-default themes.
      • Export themes to a TXT file.
      • Import themes from file.
      • To create custom themes: "Duplicate" a default theme, "Edit" then "Export"
    • Editor preferences:
      • Autoscroll during playback: Disabled, Enabled (Standard), and Enabled (Smooth)
      • Enable/disable ability to cancel autoscroll by touching the horizontal scrollbar.
      • Language chooser moved here from the song editor.
    • Engine preferences:
      • Enable/disable caching.
      • Default resampler.
      • Default wavtool.
      • Default voicebank.
  • UX changes.
    • Updated Rewind/Play/Pause/Stop buttons.
    • New view options:
      • Show/hide lyrics on notes.
      • Show/hide aliases on notes.
      • Show/hide pitchbends on notes.
    • Added a bunch of new quantizations!
    • Can now remove quantization entirely.
    • Prompts user for language/color scheme when program is first opened.
  • Translations.
    • New languages: Russian and Armenian
    • Updated language: Chinese (Simplified)
    • Translations are a work in progress, not all messages will be translated!
  • Bug fixes.
    • Color scheme changes now apply to modal windows.
    • Voicebanks with kana filenames should now work on Japanese-locale machines.
    • Voicebanks with number filenames should now work on Japanese-locale machines.
    • Prints any errors to status bar when loading .wav or .frq files in voicebank editor

I went full ham on the color scheme editor and added an option to import/export themes. If you have a custom theme you really like, you can make it available for someone else to download!

Future plans:
Continuing the march towards v0.5 by adding some built-in tools:
  • Bulk editor
  • Suffix broker
  • Reclist converter

sceryp0

Momo's Minion
Thanks, added your translations as part of the new release! Some of the translations were a bit garbled. I tried to unscramble them, but you may want to check on the software to make sure I got them right.

Saw your bug on Github. The voicebanks not working will most likely be fixed in this release, but if not please let me know!

The 0.4.3 update is now released! You can go here to find a Windows, Mac, and Linux installer.

• Editor preferences:
      • Autoscroll during playback: Disabled, Enabled (Standard), and Enabled (Smooth)
      • Enable/disable ability to cancel autoscroll by touching the horizontal scrollbar.
    • Engine preferences:
      • Default resampler.
      • Default wavtool.
      • Default voicebank.
  • UX changes.
    • New view options:
  • Translations.
  • Bug fixes.
    • Prints any errors to status bar when loading .wav or .frq files in voicebank editor

I went full ham on the color scheme editor and added an option to import/export themes. If you have a custom theme you really like, you can make it available for someone else to download!

Future plans:
  • Bulk editor
  • Suffix broker
  • Reclist converter
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
is so amazing!!!!
upload_2020-12-2_12-31-46.png

sceryp0

Momo's Minion

• Editor preferences:
    • Engine preferences:
      • Default resampler.
      • Default wavtool.
      • Default voicebank.
  • UX changes.
    • New view options:
  • Translations.
  • Bug fixes.

Future plans:
  • Bulk editor
  • Suffix broker
  • Reclist converter
how is update 5.0?

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
how is update 5.0?
I work on Utsu 1 hour per day and usually make 1 Github commit per day as well. You can see the list of commits here.

The list of remaining tasks before the 0.5 release is here. I'll probably make some smaller releases before 0.5 is finished.

Reactions: Nohkara

sceryp0

Momo's Minion
I work on Utsu 1 hour per day and usually make 1 Github commit per day as well. You can see the list of commits here.

The list of remaining tasks before the 0.5 release is here. I'll probably make some smaller releases before 0.5 is finished.
happy
new
year!!!